Bankhead National Forest Large Tract Of Timber For Sale In Northwest Alabama
BANKHEAD NATIONAL FOREST. This may be the opportunity of a lifetime to own a large tract of prime hunting, recreational and timber investment property in the Heart of Bankhead National Forest. This property has been in the same family for generations. County utilities including water and electric are already available for hook up at the property. This allows you to build the home of your dreams, or maybe a rustic get-away cabin with all the comforts of home. The property is easily accessible with road frontage on both County Roads 249 and 79. The property is conveniently located 15 minutes from Moulton, 30 minutes from Cullman, 30 minutes from Decatur and 45 minutes from Huntsville. A great internal road system on the property allows for easy access to 4 permanent food plots that are strategically placed on the property. Each food plot has an elevated shooting house and or a two-person ladder stand.
The location of the property puts you within a short distance of some of the Forest’s best recreational areas. You are within minutes of the ATV/UTV Trailhead, Horseback Riding Trails, Hiking Trails, and Camping Facilities. The property also allows you private access to thousands of acres of the Forest land that is difficult to access otherwise. The Forestland surrounding the property is made up of big hardwoods with scenic valleys and rolling terrain that include beautiful rock bluffs and shelters.
There is abundant wildlife on the property, including Deer, Turkey, Hogs and Small Game. The property has been trophy managed for deer and it hasn’t been turkey hunted in over 20 years. This area is known to grow some of the largest bucks in the state.
Don’t miss this opportunity to own the property of your dreams.
- The property is located in the heart of Bankhead National Forest
- Minutes from these recreational areas in the forest, ATV/UTV trailhead, horseback riding trails, hiking trails and camping areas
- Owned by the same family for generations
- Trophy managed for deer
- Hasn't been turkey hunted in over 20 years
- Abundant wildlife, deer, turkeys, hogs and small game
- 4 permanent food plots with elevated shooting house and/or ladder stands
- Easy access from two county roads
- Great road frontage
- County utilities including water and electric at the property ready for hook up
- 15 minutes to Moulton
- 30 minutes to Cullman
- 30 minutes to Decatur
- 45 minutes to Huntsville
- Great internal road system, allowing easy access to all hunting areas
- Property provides easy access to thousands of acres of forest land that is not easily accessed otherwise
- The forest is known to produce some of the largest bucks in the state
- Northern strain whitetail deer were introduced into the forest years ago. This has greatly increased the size of the deer. It has extended the length of the rut compared to the rest of the state. Rut starts earlier and lasts longer
- Surrounded by big hardwood timber on all side in the forest
- Beautiful rolling terrain with rock formations and shelters in the forest surrounding the property
County Road 249, Lot#WP01
Moulton, Alabama 35650