“The South Pasture” At Southwind Ranch
- Interactive Map
“The South Pasture” at Southwind Ranch on the market! This parcel (Tract #3/3 of 1134 acres total) includes the highest point on the ranch, putting your dream home, cabin, or getaway retreat front and center for the huge views of Greenhorn Mountain, Pikes Peak, and the Spanish Peaks. There’s nothing better than watching deer, antelope, and other local wildlife from your front porch while watching the sunset over Greenhorn Mountain!
The largest tract on the ranch, The South Pasture includes a large stock tank along the road that catches seasonal snowmelt and rainfall to provide water for the surrounding livestock and wildlife. Long-time current rancher has grazed numerous pairs of cattle on the ranch year-round (with periodic supplemental winter feed), producing up to 2.2 lbs/day on steers.
Nunn clay and Manvel silt loam soils produce a variety of nutritional grasses including multiple grama grasses, fescues, and others. These soils can support intense grazing and limited cropland, and large portion of the ranch is eligible for cropland use through the FSA.
Winter snowmelt and spring/summer rains quickly fill the stock tank providing great freshwater for grass and livestock use. The stock tank is in great shape with excellent holding capabilities.
A portion of the ranch is also enrolled in CRP through September of 2021, which can then be turned back over into additional grazing on October 1st. THE remaining CRP contract payment has the option to be transferred to the buyer for the remainder of the term.
Don’t miss this chance to grab ahold of your ranching or building dream at the base of the Rocky Mountains!
- Large seasonal stock tank
- Completely fenced minus one short section that adjoins adjacent 376 acres
- Well-maintained gravel-road frontage just minutes from I-25
- Variety of nutritional grama and other grasses producing up to 2.2 lbs/day on steers
- CRP contract on a portion of ranch through September of 2021
- Power along entire western edge of property
- Fantastic opportunity for grazing operations
- Located in Colorado GMU Hunting Unit #128
- Eligible for Landowner Preference Program hunting applications
- Taxes around $411/year
- Additional 697 adjacent acres available as well
JMSW437, Lot #WP002
Pueblo, Colorado 81004