Burnham Island In The Mississippi River Of Southern Illinois
PRICE REDUCED!! An Island paradise in the Mississippi River! As expected with any Island destination there is sandy beaches, miles of shoreline and seclusion, but on this Island, we trade the palm trees for big bucks, turkeys, and excellent waterfowl hunting! Most of the acreage is on Burnham Island in the Mississippi River. A small island makes up a smaller portion of the acreage, two tracts in the adjacent river bottoms and a portion of an island to the north. Without a doubt, this is a unique property with an abundance of deer, wild turkey, and waterfowl during their annual migration. There is an internal road system that serves as the main trail running north/south to all the main features throughout the property. In years past, there are several places that this road had been planted in food plots. There are numerous other open areas throughout the property that could be planted to provide nutrition for the island’s deer herd. Multiple sloughs are scattered throughout the property providing the waterfowl hunter with many places to hunt without pressuring the birds. During the late spring and summer, most of these sloughs stay dry allowing a stand of corn, millet or your favorite waterfowl blend to mature prior to water levels rising in the fall. On the south end of the property is a 33-acre oxbow lake that has been a mainstay for waterfowl hunters in the past.
The property has been in a timber management program with marketable timber species of black willow, cottonwood, over cup oak, green ash, hackberry, mixed hardwoods, sweet pecan, and sycamore. Timber assessment and volumes are available.
If you’re looking for a unique hunting paradise with abundant wild game, seclusion and an opportunity for a good ROI, give us a call to schedule your private tour!
- Island in the Mississippi River with additional Small Island and acreage in adjacent river bottoms
- Great deer and turkey populations
- Excellent waterfowl hunting
- Over 5 miles of shoreline
- 33 acre Oxbow Lake
- Several sloughs take on water during the year and become excellent resting areas for waterfowl
- Several open areas that can be planted for waterfowl
- Lots of open areas for food plots
- Good stands of marketable timber
- Great trail system
- The island’s wildlife has minimal pressure from natural predators
- Well-defined boundaries
- Many dikes have been built around the island aimed at slowing down the river and reducing erosion
- In past the main island has been accessible by vehicle when the Cairo gauge is below 12’
- Located west of Olive Branch in Alexander Co. IL
- 2 hours from Saint Louis, MO. – 3 hours from Nashville, TN. - 30 minutes from Cape Girardeau, MO
000 Fayville Rd
Olive Branch, Illinois 62990