Premium Hunting Farm With Income For Sale In Northwest IL
- Interactive Map
Take a look at this incredible hunting farm located outside Savanna! This property is very easy to fall in love with as soon as you step foot on it. There are approximately 60 acres of open fields, 55.25 acres of which are enrolled in CRP with an annual payment of $14,376. Much of these fields have a mixture of clovers growing in them which offer an excellent food source for whitetails and turkeys throughout the entire year. If you elected to take these secluded fields out of CRP, they would make great food plots to hunt over. What good is having secluded fields or food plots if they are hard to access? In addition to having access gates from the south and west boundaries, there is a well-established trail system running throughout the entire property. Quiet entry and exit to and from your stand won’t be an issue with this farm. The timber is largely made up of mature hardwoods. Even with a thick canopy, there are several areas of thick undergrowth providing excellent bedding and cover for wildlife. The rolling typography mixed with open fields creates natural funnels for obvious stand locations. Even with the deer hunting being as good as it is, the turkey hunting shouldn’t be overlooked. This farm is in an area with a very strong turkey population. While touring the property, we saw two big long beards running around with a hen in the middle of an open field. What good is a hunting farm without a place to stay? In the middle of the property, you’ll find the two-bedroom, one-bathroom hunting lodge which is perfect for hosting deer and turkey camp. The wood burning stove inside the cabin helps keep everybody warm during the cold winter months. The screened-in porch is an excellent place to share stories after hunts or to drink your morning coffee while listening to the woods wake up. Attached to the lodge is a large 45’ x 45’ garage, with a concrete floor, where you can store your tractors, ATV’s, extra tree stands, chainsaws, and any other tools or equipment you will need while out on the property. If you are interested in taking a look at this premium hunting farm, give one of the listing agents a call to schedule your private showing!
- 55.25 acres of CRP with an annual payment of $14,376
- Well-established trail system running throughout the entire property
- Two access gates from the road on the west and south boundaries
- Mature hardwood timber with areas of thick undergrowth
- Rolling topography and secluded fields create natural funnels for tree stand locations
- Strong deer and turkey population
- 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom hunting lodge with well, septic, and electricity
- Garage with concrete floor perfect for storing equipment, tractors, ATV’s, etc.
- 15 minutes from Savanna, 1 hour from Galena, and 2.5 hours from Chicago
6169 Ashby Road
Savanna, Illinois 61074