Excellent Deer Hunting Tract Located In The Shawnee National Forest Region
Excellent hunting tract in an area known for big bucks! This is the perfect hunting farm or place to build and have plenty of room to hunt. The farm is mostly timber with a few open areas, good topography, thick bedding and a good trail system. The topography has great natural flow from ridge sides and thick areas used for bedding, onto staging areas and out to neighboring crop fields. The adjoining agriculture to the south and east is a great asset and heavily influences deer movement through the farm. Both the AG fields and the entrance to the farm are ideally set up to take advantage of November’s northerly wind directions. A trail system runs from the south entrance up through the farm and connects through several open areas that would make great food plot locations. There are plenty of other areas on the farm that, with a little work, would be perfect staging plot areas to catch deer as they head to feed in neighboring row crops. A large, rock bottom, wet weather creek flows through the farm and will provide wildlife with a water source for most of the year.
There are several areas close to the road that would make excellent building sites for a home or hunting cabin and provide scenic views to the south. Electricity is available at the road.
If you’re looking for a great hunting farm or a place to build and hunt, give us a call today and schedule your private tour!
- Excellent hunting tract
- Perfect property to build a home or cabin and have plenty of room to hunt
- Located in an area known for producing big bucks
- Well-established trail system
- The gated southern entrance point is perfect for November’s predominant northerly winds
- Several open areas would make ideal food plot locations
- Plenty of thick areas for bedding
- The property borders row crops on the east and south sides
- Lots of rubs and well worn deer trails all throughout the property
- The area has a good population of wild turkeys
- Plenty of mast producing oaks
- A rock bottoms wet weather creek runs through the farm and provides water for wildlife
- There are multiple building sites with electric available at road
- Illinois is a two-buck state
- 1 hour from Paducah, KY. – 3 hours from Saint Louis, MO. – 3 hours from Nashville, TN
- Co-listed with other broker
3 Mile Creek Road
Rosiclare, Illinois 62982