Year-Round Hunting And Rec Tract With Cabin On The Mississippi River
- Interactive Map
Every once in a while you come across a property that offers various recreational opportunities for the entire family throughout the year and this is one of those pieces. Whether you are an avid deer hunter, waterfowl hunter, boater, fishing enthusiast, or just looking for a quite getaway, this property has something for everyone. With good access off of the Carman blacktop and a long private drive heading back to the property, this is a very secluded and peaceful setting. The cabin is a great place for a weekend getaway for fishing or boating the river and would also be a great hunting camp during the fall and winter. If you are an avid waterfowl hunter, you know the number of green heads and Canadians this area holds during the fall and with over 3,800’ of river frontage, you have numerous locations for a blind and decoy spread. With good connecting habitat to the north and south, this property is also a great deer hunting spot, especially during the rut with those river bottom bucks cruising. If you are an avid pleasure boater or an avid fisherman that enjoys the challenges and rewards the Mighty Mississippi River offers, this property offers direct access to the river and a great place for a boat launch and private dock. Not only is this property a great recreational property for just about everyone, this is also a great investment property. The current owners have had nine, 1 acre lots surveyed on the southwest corner of the property which could be sold or leased for future cabin sites. This would provide a good return on your investment. If you are in the market for an investment property, summer camp, or just looking for a good deer or waterfowl hunting property, give me a call today for more info or to schedule a showing.
- This property offers excellent waterfowl hunting opportunities with miles of backwaters and thousands of wetland acres in the immediate area
- Over 3,800 feet of Mississippi River frontage
- Good deer and turkey numbers in the area
- Property location coupled with the variety of habitats on and around this property makes it a very well rounded property with a target rich environment for every sportsman
- Elevated cabin with sand point well, electric, and septic system would make a great summer camp, hunting camp, or vacation getaway
- With a little work you could have a private boat launch on the southwest corner of the property.
- With direct access to the river, this property would make for a great fishing camp. The Mississippi River offers excellent fishing opportunities for species such as walleye, sauger, large and small mouth bass, flathead catfish, blue catfish, northern pike, bluegill and crappie just to name a few.
- Electric on property
- Ellison creek is the south border of the property
- Timber value
- Easement access off of Carman Blacktop
- Located between Heapsville and Carthage Lake
- Located on pool #19
- NOTE: The southwest corner of the property has had nine, 1-acre lots surveyed which could be sold/leased as private building lots subject to IDOT approval. Call for more details pertaining to the approval of the sale of these lots. These lots will not be sold as separate building lots at this time. Property is only being sold as a whole.
- NOTE: Seller would retain the cabin and 1 acre should a buyer only want to purchase vacant, unimproved land. Call for more details.
- 15 minutes from Burlington, IA, 3.5 Hours from Chicago Suburbs, 1.5 hours from Quad Cities
Carman, Illinois 61425