Beautiful Southern Illinois Hunting Property
Build. Hunt. Harvest. This property is jam-packed with all of the features that make an ideal building site: dead-end road, utilities available, zero neighbors visible, surrounded by private land, and INCREDIBLE VIEWS. Oh, and to top it off, this property is overrun with deer! Of all the farms I have visited, this one is truly special because of its private location. The open pasture land takes up about 8 acres in the center of the farm, which is nearly all surrounded by timber. If you are a food plot junkie, this would be the perfect place to provide late season food. On the south end is a clump of creek-bottom timber that is littered with deer traffic. I think the deer are using this farm as a big bedding area now and when the crops are all harvested they will continue to utilize this farm to travel. Give me a call today and I can show you the beauty that Southern Illinois has to offer.
- Ideal building site situated on a dead end road in whitetail and wine country
- Property features a mix of open pasture land, hardwood ridges and creek bottom timber
- No government programs or restrictions and completely surrounded by private land
- Located just 10 minutes west of Vienna; 2.5 hours from St. Louis, MO; 3.5 hours from Memphis, TN
- Crop fields border on the east side, pasture to the south, and a mix of CRP and timber to the north
- Tons of deer sign as many local deer appear to be using this farm as bedding area
- Secluded 8 acre field (overgrown pasture) that would make ideal food plot location
- Property sits conveniently between Interstate 24 (3.5 miles) and Interstate 57 (10 miles)
- Timber was partially cut in 2004, leaving the new owner with inventory now to be select cut. Excellent species makeup with multiple hardwood species.
- Pond on the property located near the ideal building site
- Little to no traffic as the road dead-ends right beyond this property
- Great hunting opportunities for a family
- Annual Taxes: $47.58
Vienna, Illinois 62995