Hunting And Rec Land With Pecatonica River Frontage Near Freeport
PRICE REDUCED!! If you’re looking for a great recreational property with a lot to offer, don’t overlook this property! With approximately a quarter mile of Pecatonica River frontage, this property is perfect for you folks that love fishing and being near the water. There are more than 70 species of fish in the Pecatonica River Basin, including several species of sought-after sport fish. The walleye and channel cat fishing is incredible! If you’re more of a bass fisherman though, there are largemouth and smallmouth bass in the river as well. There are panfish such as bluegill and crappie, and you even have the potential to pull out the occasional northern pike and flathead catfish. The Illinois state record walleye was caught out of this river weighing 15.08 lbs.! Due to the sloughs on the property, there is never a shortage of geese and ducks utilizing the property, and everybody knows the quality of the deer that can hide out in these “swampy” areas. If you ask the seller, he could tell you story after story about the deer that come right by the blind on the property located at a pinch point of numerous trails. There is electric on the property running to two small buildings that could be used as a cabin or for storage. There have been numerous campfires, fish fries, and gatherings that take place in this area along the river, so you can only imagine the memories that have been made. This property would be a great place to camp, spend time with family, or get away to simply spend time on the land. If you don’t have everything you need out on the property, don’t worry. The property is a very short drive from convenience stores and other grocery stores. Don’t wait to reach out about this very special property!
- Approximately ¼ mile of Pecatonica River frontage.
- Incredible fishing for walleye, channel catfish, largemouth and smallmouth bass, blue gill, crappie, flathead catfish and northern pike
- Deer, ducks, geese, and turkeys that frequent the property
- Wetlands preserve just across the river north of the property attracting more wildlife
- Great property for camping, fish fries, bonfires, and other family activities
- Conveniently located not far from grocery stores and convenient stores
- Electric on the property leading to structures
- Close by Freeport, 30 minutes from Rockford, and just under 2 hours from Chicago
- Taxes are $311.70
N. West Avenue, Lot #WP001
Freeport, Illinois 61032