Commercial Location With Acreage Near Oakwood And Danville
- Interactive Map
Just north of Oakwood on Newtown Road, you will see a large sign for “Sugar Shack Antiques”. The property is located just west of the intersection of E 1980 North Rd and N 1000 East Rd. The main building is 45’ x 42’ x 12’. It has concrete throughout with insulated, fully finished walls and ceilings. A bathroom and storage room are located in the back. Off the back of the main building, there is a 45’ x 20’ lean-to where the current owner stores hay and other equipment. The main building has electric, utilizes, well water, and a septic system. It is heated with electric heat. Just east of the main building there is roughly 5 acres m/l of pasture with four 8’ x 16’ sheds for livestock in the first holding area. Adjacent to the main building there is an additional 10 acres m/l of pasture, and 5 acres m/l of woods, with three additional 8’ x 16’ sheds. Both pasture areas have automatic watering systems. The adjacent 1 acre has a 24’ x 24’ two stall garage with concrete floor and an older house the seller has converted into an open garage to store equipment in with both well water and electric on it as well. Both locations have gated entrances that can be locked when you are not on the property. The property boarders Kickapoo State Park on two sides. Middle Fork State Fish and Wildlife Area, Sportsman Lake, and Kennekuk Cove County Park are all just a short drive away. Fishing, boating, camping, canoeing, hiking, mountain biking, and equestrian trails are just a few of the activities these surrounding parks offer. With so many things to do in the surrounding area, this property would make a good “home base” for anyone looking to have that perfect home away from home. With plenty of pasture for your horses to rest after a long day’s ride or a place to store your boat or kayak after a long day of being on the water, this property truly has endless opportunities and uses for family fun. It would also be the perfect set up for a side business or running a small hobby farm. Give us a call today to take a personal tour of this location.
- 5 minutes from Oakwood and I-74 and 12 minutes from Danville
- 30 minutes from Champaign and I-57
- 4 state or county parks within minutes of the property
- Good hard road frontage and both locations have gated access
- Well water and electric at both structures with main building having septic
- 45’x42’ shed that can be converted to living quarters if desired
- Roughly 15 acres of pasture and 5 acres of woods
- Automatic watering units in the pasture areas
- 7 permanent 8’x16’ sheds for livestock
- Large lean-to for storing hay or equipment
- Endless opportunities for fun on and around the property
- Easily add a couple food plots in the back for hunting
9912 E. 1980 North Road
Oakwood, Illinois 61858
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.