Pasture, Hay, CRP And Tillable Farm For Sale In Southwest IA
Whitetail Properties Real Estate is proud to offer this beautiful, large and rolling combination farm for sale. This multi-use farm consists of a great balance of pasture, hay ground, CRP and tillable production acres. CRP contracts will be expiring on 9.30.2019 on the majority of the tillable acres so this farm can be ready for row crop production next year, be converted into more pasture or the native grasses can be left alone to provide the ultimate upland game bird and whitetail deer habitat. Hundreds upon hundreds of trees and shrubs have been planted on this farm to provide a shelterbelt of cover and habit to the natural watershed drainages. These plantings provide excellent cover, structure, edge and food for the wildlife on this property. Thick and dense cover is not abundant in this part of the county so once the nearby cornfields are harvested, the heavy pine and cedar thicket in the northeast corner of the farm is sure to fill up with big whitetails. This farm can be utilized in many different ways to provide multiple streams of income or recreation. Private showings by appointment only. Call the Listing Agent to schedule your showing today.
- 20.57 Acres enrolled in CRP Practice CP21 & CP5A at $219.28/acre or $4,511.00 annually
- 30 acres of improved pasture with a 1.3 acre stocked pond. The pond was stocked with largemouth bass, bluegill and catfish
- Pasture and hay ground are currently rented for $2,000.00 annually
- Nearly 155 acres of potential crop ground with a weighted average CSR2 of 49.1 (AgriData, Inc. 2019)
- The farmland has been extensively terraced and tiled to minimize erosion and increase productivity (see drone images)
- The tillable farmland will need some tree clean-up before it’s fit for row crop production again and is priced accordingly.
- The 10,000 bushel grain bin provides additional income through monthly storage charge or could assist in negotiating a stronger cash rent or tenancy agreement
- There are 55 acres of cedars, pines and shelterbelt tree plantings which make for excellent cover for deer and winter cover for pheasants
- Shelterbelt tree plantings consist of black walnut, swamp oak, cedar, cottonwood, chokecherry and American highbush cranberry
- The farm is open and available for a new tenant in 2020
- Property is being sold “As-Is”
- Located in Section 26 of Victoria Township (26-74N-34W) and only 31 miles from Atlantic, 68 miles from Council Bluffs and 75 miles from West Des Moines.
- Annual Property Taxes: $4,240.00
72575 770th Street, Lot #WP001
Massena, Iowa 50853