Tillable Acres, Fenced Pasture, Timber And Hunting In The Turkey River Valley
- Interactive Map
Property Location: 465.5± acres in Clayton County, IA - S34/4/3/2-T92N/91N/-R3W
Auction Location: Edgewood Locker Event Center, 303 N Washington St., Edgewood IA 52042
Auction Date & Time: October 17, 2020 @ 12:00 PM CST
Tracts of this size with multiple parcel options are becoming a thing of the past. Combine that with large acreage neighboring landowners and you have some rare qualities not often found in this part of the state. The Turkey River forms most of the northern boundary which is another ideal situation for top-level management. The property has an extreme amount of edge habitat with multi-elevation timber and fields linked together creating terrain funneling topography. The pasture acres, if desired, could easily be converted to more hunting acres with countless food plot locations. Sellers are offering a lease back option on all tillable acres.
Tract 1- 117 acres +/- What a piece!! The whole northern border is the Turkey River and the adjacent bluff provides several amazing views of the valley. There are 38 +/- acres of income-producing ground in the form of tillable and 2021 approved CRP acres. Ask for details. The tillable acres are currently planted in both corn and alfalfa. Lots of edge habitat on this tract adds hunting appeal, and the area is loaded with deer, turkeys, and other wildlife. This property has great potential for its size to be an excellent hunting tract with minimal effort. Its location is in an incredibly scenic area near Garber, Osterdock, and Guttenberg. Easy access at the SW corner from dead-end Kestrel Avenue and also by easement from the East off 348th St. The sellers are offering a lease back on all tillable acres. The timber slopes on the property face multiple directions for all-season use by the animals who also take advantage of the diverse mix of desirable habitat and terrain. Great neighbors in this area only add to the quality.
Tract 2- 107+/- acres. Ultra-diverse property that features around 2500 feet of Turkey River frontage. A great mix of wooded bluffs and approximately 53 +/- acres of income-producing ground in the form of tillable and 2021 approved CRP acres. Ask for details. Gated top access from 348th street allows easy entry for farming or recreational purposes. The layout and terrain features will make the property “hunt big” and this parcel is loaded with high percentage pinch points throughout. It’s located in an incredibly scenic area of the County. The sellers are offering a leaseback on all tillable acres and the timber has abundant young and mature quality species trees. Desirable habitat and terrain favored by trophy whitetail deer and the large wild turkey population. Some open pasture acres could easily be converted into high-quality food-plots in strategic locations and an interior trail system allows access to all areas of the farm.
Tract 3- 133.5+/- acres. Beautiful tract with all of the components that make a great recreational and investment property. The tract has zero road frontage for privacy and tons of recreational opportunities, especially as a great hunting tract for deer, turkeys, upland birds, and other small game. Topography features and favorable habitat at multiple elevations create optimal all-season hunting situations in an area known for its world-class whitetail. Some Turkey River frontage as well as spectacular valley views only add to the quality of this farm. Multiple access points by legal easement, allow hunting scenarios for all possible conditions. Approximately 33 +/- acres of income-producing ground in the form of tillable and 2021 approved CRP acres. Ask for details. The sellers are offering a lease back option on all tillable acres.
Tract 4-108+/- acres. A classic combination farm in this territory, with all of the components needed from both a diverse agricultural standpoint, as well as recreational. The property could continue to be used as a beef cattle farm and row crop operation with recreational benefits or could be easily transformed into an excellent hunting tract with income potential. Topography features along with favorable habitat at multiple elevations could create optimal all-season hunting situations in an area known for its world-class whitetail history. The sellers are offering a lease back option on approximately 25 tillable acres. Approximately 80 acres of quality, mostly open pasture, could be converted into prime food-plot and wildlife habitat with a direct seed tree planting. Both whitetail and wild turkey populations in the area are high. Multiple points of access from 348th St.
- Located in an incredibly scenic area near Garber and Osterdock
- Approximately 150 acres of potential income/crop producing tillable acres
- Multiple access points
- Sellers are offering a lease back option on all tillable and pasture acres
- Well over a mile of Turkey River frontage
- Approximately 60 acres of newly fenced pasture
- Abundant views of Turkey River Valley and surrounding area
- A diverse mix of desirable habitat and terrain favored by trophy whitetail deer
- Pasture could easily be converted into high-quality hunting acres with food plots and lots of edge habitat
- Pasture acres have wells that could also be utilized for wildlife
- Bidders may participate in the auction on site or online at Proxibid.com
- Onsite bidders should bring government issued ID
- Subject to a 3% buyers premium
- 10% down payment immediately after auction - cash, personal or business checks accepted
- If winning bid is online, you will be immediately contacted to make arrangements for the 10% down payment and a purchase contract will be sent via DocuSign
- High bidder has 30 days to close unless otherwise noted
- Announcements on auction day will take precedence over any prior announcements
- This is a no contingency sale and is not subject to financing or additional inspections
- Possession at closing, subject to tenant’s rights, if any
- If a survey is needed it will be done following the auction and total purchase price will be adjusted to the surveyed acres
- All information provided is derived from sources believed correct but is not guaranteed or warranted - Bidders shall rely entirely on their own information and judgment
Auction Location: Edgewood Locker Event Center, 303 N Washington St.
Edgewood, Iowa 52042
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.