Established Switch Grass, 1-Acre Stocked Pond and Building Sites
This property is located in the area I have hunted, leased, owned, and managed farms in for the past 15 years. The surrounding area around this tract and the “Steel Creek” corridor produces B&C on a very common basis and 200” + bucks on a yearly basis. If you are looking for a smaller tract in Decatur County that is surrounded by large private landowner tracts and great management, you will want to check this one out!
- Farm is located 5 minutes from Garden Grove and 10 minutes from Leon
- Small tract located amongst very large landowner tracts and great trophy management! (call for details)
- 30 acres of established Switch Grass that averaged 4-5 ft tall in the 2nd year!
- 1-acre stocked pond and a small creek make up the water sources on the property
- Great building site with power available at the road and water is available ½ mile to the north and to the south
- 3+ acre established food plot that carries a CSR2 of 75. I have personally planted this plot the last 3 years and it consistently produces 185+ bushel corn
- 1 elevated blind on farm overlooking the food plot with “bullet proof” entrance and exit
- The 30 acres of switch grass and food plots could easily be converted to tillable, alfalfa, or hay if a new owner desires a different structure for the farm. The 30 acres carries a CSR2 of 40.
- Farm is a natural travel corridor/HUB for the surrounding area. The quantity and quality and age structure of deer on this farm will impress anyone. (see trail pics)
- Farm hunts great for archery or gun
- Great access from the east side of section
- Additional acres potentially for sale…. Call for details
Garden Grove, Iowa 50103