Combination Farm With Premier Building Site Near Jefferson
- Interactive Map
Whitetail Properties Real Estate is proud to offer this exceptional combination farm in SE Greene County! This property has so much to offer the outdoors family. On a property of this size, I believe the ideal timber to tillable ratio is 50/50. With that ratio, you have enough tillable acres for solid income and enough food to keep the wildlife close to the farm. You also have enough timber, brush, and habitat to provide the security cover needed to hold a mature deer or two. This property has that 50/50 ratio! It is also located along drainage less than a mile from the North Raccoon River. There’s not a tremendous amount of timber in this county except along the river so the deer and turkey populations are heavily concentrated, and this farm is on the “X”. This property would also make a phenomenal location to build a home. The property naturally slopes away from the county-maintained road on the southern edge of the farm. This slope makes building a home with a walk-out basement a breeze and also assists with drainage. With your home facing the road, you’d have a natural southern exposure which is always preferred when available. The view out of the back of your home (and to the north) would be mature hardwood timber and winding creek bottom. The timberline would also serve as a critical windbreak. The Utilities are close by with electricity, TV, telephone, and fiber-optic internet services located along the road. Great farms with building sites don’t come up for sale as often as you’d think. This property offers all the amenities and conveniences of living in town but with the peace and quiet of country living. Showings of this property are by appointment only. To schedule your private showing, please call the listing agent.
- 24.22 FSA Acres with a weighted average CSR2 of 60.5 (AgriData, Inc. 2020)
- Tillable soils consist mainly of Lester, Wadena, and Salida-Storden loam
- The tillable acres are currently cash rented and the farm is open for the 2021 farming season
- 19.63 Acres M/L of hardwood timber and recreational acres provide great deer, turkey and small game hunting opportunities
- Natural openings in the timber would make for ideal food plot locations to attract and hold more wildlife
- The timber has bottlenecks that make for great tree stand locations to intercept rutting bucks
- The 4 +/- acre field along 270th Street on the south side of the property would make for an ideal building site. The hardwood timber would be a perfect windbreak for cold W, NW, and N winter winds
- Property is roughly 6 miles SE of Jefferson and 6 miles NW of Rippey, IA
- Property is less than 60 miles from West Des Moines
- Utilities available to the property: phone, tv, internet (fiber), and electric
- Located in Section 25 of Grant Township (25-83N-30W)
- Greene County School System
- Annual Property Taxes: $720.00
270th St, Lot#WP001
Jefferson, Iowa 50129
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.