Hunting And Rec Tract With Big Buck Potential
This is an absolute dynamite hunting farm! It’s got all the necessary key components: great neighborhood, heavy cover, water, nearby agriculture, food plot locations and great access! This farm has previously been rented as timber pasture for the current owner but once the livestock and grazing pressure is removed for one growing season, the native grasses and woody browse will explode creating an even better farm for wildlife. This is the type of farm that with some basic management will be able to consistently produce Boone & Crocket animals. Big bucks. Loaded with turkeys. Close to Des Moines. What more could you ask for in a recreational farm? This one won’t last long!
- This area has a history for producing some of the biggest whitetails in Guthrie County
- Marketable mature black walnut timber could offset the costs of farm improvement projects
- Mature oaks throughout property provide mast crop food sources as well as unlimited elevated ambush locations for the archery hunter.
- Turkey population is very strong in the area and this farm provides ideal habitat for wild turkeys.
- Open pasture areas could easily be converted to annual or perennial food plot locations.
- Great access to the farm from the east takes advantage of the westerly prevailing winds.
- Small pond could easily be increased in size and depth to provide fishing opportunities
- Plenty of options to build a home, cabin or building on the east end of the property
- Very private location with limited road traffic by the farm.
- Taxes: $718.00 Annually
Stuart, Iowa 50250