Diverse Recreational Property With Skunk River Frontage And CRP Income
This property literally has a little bit of everything you could want in a recreational property and is a wildlife paradise! Every time I’ve been there I have jumped pheasants. Over a dozen one day! I’ve also seen coveys of quail, deer, turkeys, ducks, geese, coyotes, eagles, and a variety of songbirds. This farm also has great income from approximately 160 acres of CRP that generates just over $26,000/year! Deer, pheasant, dove, quail, turkeys, waterfowl, small game, and predator hunting would all be possible on this farm. The Skunk River would also provide fishing opportunities. The property consists of upland timber on the northwest side, bottomland with a mixture of CRP, timber, and sloughs, and a year-round creek that’s over 1 mile long. Don’t let the aerial photo fool you in terms of the amount of cover on this farm. The entire creek bottom is timbered and several of the CRP contracts are riparian buffers with trees and there are some CRP tree plantings. The CRP also has native grasses which provide additional bedding cover for whitetails and great bird habitat. The farm has multiple access points from the west, north, and east. There are potential building sites on the north part of the property along 200th St. The heart of the farm is accessed down a locked and gated class C road. Properties with this many recreational opportunities and this kind of return on investment, don’t last long! Call with questions or to schedule a showing.
- Very diverse property with timber, creek, CRP, and Skunk River frontage - wildlife PARADISE
- Excellent income - 160 acres of CRP generates approximately $26,000/year and is enrolled through 2025
- Located about 5 minutes northwest of Mt Pleasant
- There are currently 2 CRP contracts - one is for 130.6 acres @ $141.85/acre and the other is 29.18 acres at $257.41/acre
- The 2 CRP contracts pay $26,036/year and are enrolled through 2025 providing close to $170,000 of CRP income before these contracts expire
- Deer, turkeys, waterfowl, pheasant, quail, dove, small game, and predator hunting opportunities
- Fishing opportunities in the Skunk River
- Variety of terrain with upland hardwoods, creek bottom, sloughs, and river bottom
- Multiple access points from the west, north, and east
- Possible building sites on the northeast corner of the property and in the timber on the northwest corner of the property
- There currently aren’t any food plots on the property but I have confirmed with the NRCS office that food plots could be planted in the CRP as long as it’s approved by the NRCS and added to the conservation plan. This would really improve the hunting and provide great late season opportunities.
- Property taxes are approximately $4900/year currently
200th Street, Lot #WP001
Mount Pleasant, Iowa 52641