Sportsman’s Paradise With Farmhouse And Outbuildings In Central Iowa
- Interactive Map
Imagine starting the day by working a bird dog along the frosty native grass hillsides of your own farm. The pheasants are everywhere, and you’ll soon have your limit by late morning. Over a warm farmhouse lunch, you’ll debate which blind to sit for an afternoon Boone & Crockett caliber whitetail hunt. Maybe you’ll cheers to a successful evening, skinning a big buck in the finished Morton hunting lodge.
This farm is the full package for those who ask for high-end hunting with a house and large equipment storage. Here, you can hunt every game animal or predator that Iowa has to offer. Decades of hunting memories have been made here. Well maintained by both the sellers and a local farm manager, it’s ready for the next one to enjoy.
An incredible mixture of habitat diversity paints this farm’s beauty, in the form of income producing upland CRP, pine forest, hardwood plantings, remnant prairie, and water sources. Food plots are planted next to the prime deer bedding areas. A creek meanders through the south end, and there are two stocked ponds that offer fishing, swimming, and year-round water for the animals.
A stout security system protects the entrance and buildings on this farm. The historic farmhouse has been remodeled for modern conveniences, and has a finished basement. Next-door stands three massive Morton buildings. One is finished into a lodge, complete with its own kitchen, bathroom, laundry, loft, and work area. The second is the large equipment storage building with a pheasant coop and dog kennel. The third is an implement shed that holds most of the large land management tools.
Call the listing agents to schedule a private showing of this beautiful, game-rich farm in Central Iowa.
- Rare recreational paradise in Central Iowa
- Excellent pheasant hunting property with established warm season grasses and food plots
- History of Boone & Crockett caliber bucks
- Deer, pheasants, quail, waterfowl, turkey, rabbits, and predators
- Tillable acres could be cash rented, converted into CRP, or used as a food plot
- Three ponds for fishing, swimming, and attracting wildlife
- Tower blinds overlook food plots and bedding areas
- Large insulated hunting blind with elevator
- Scattered pockets of timber
- Excellent ROI with 100.8 acres +/- enrolled in CRP that provides $212.54/acre, $21,424/year until 2032
- Clover and grain food plots for deer hunting
- Updated farmhouse is 1.5 story with 3BR, 1 full bath, and 1480 sqft +/- living space
- Impressive security system with electronic gates, iron fencing, and video surveillance
- The 42x60 machine shed built in 1995 has a large finished living quarters with water, bathroom, utilities, sleeping areas, and a lean-to for equipment, perfect for hosting hunters
- Another 42x60 machine shed built in 1996, and one 25x60 steel utility building built in 2008 provide more equipment storage
- Pine trees around the buildings for blocking win and giving privacy
- Location on a blacktop road avoids gravel dust
- 30 minutes east of the Greater Des Moines area
- 45 minutes from DSM International Airport
- Just minutes off of Interstate 80
11841 Highway F17 E, Lot#WP001
Grinnell, Iowa 50112
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.