Diverse Rec Tract With Endless Opportunities In South Central Iowa
This farm is a culmination of 1 man’s love for the outdoors over 30 years of ownership. In 15 years of selling real estate, this very well could be the most diverse recreational tract I have ever had the opportunity to sell. The deer hunting that Southern Iowa is so well known for is killer on this tract but on top of that, this farm has a tremendous opportunity at every type of game known to Southern Iowa. On this farm, you could literally make the decision on a November morning if you want to duck and goose hunt in the morning, shoot some pheasants and quail when the waterfowl quit flying and then jump into a tree stand in the evening with a legitimate shot at seeing B&C class whitetails! If you are looking for the TOTAL PACKAGE of recreational opportunity from your farm… this is the one you gotta see.
- Property is located 5 miles South of Chariton & 1 hour from Des Moines Metro
- Wildlife galore with every aspect of Southern Iowa Recreational land on one tract!
- 30 plus acres of water in 2 wetlands of which the larger being over 22 acres at full pool with pit blind
- 2315 sq ft ranch home built in approx. 1995 with 3 bedroom & 3 bath, central air, forced air furnace, commercial grade steel roof. Views from front deck overlooking the wetland are incredible! (see pics)
- Wolf Creek runs through entire property
- 3 metal building and 1 garden shed on the property
- Established food plots and mowed trails throughout the entire farm with great access to any part of the property (see pics)
- 4 CRP contracts totaling 62.58 acres paying $10,461 annually
- Property has been in the family for 30 plus years and has been managed for every aspect of wildlife known to Southern Iowa.
- Rathbun Lake backwater is only 5 miles from this property and Rathbun Lake holds as many or more Ducks and Geese in the fall as anywhere in the state making this property an incredible waterfowl property!
- Property is a holding tank for whitetail and wild turkeys with expansive timber all around the farm
- Great number of upland birds including quail, pheasant, and dove
- 1000’s of trees has been planted on this tract in past 30 years
24800 430th, Lot#WP001
Chariton, Iowa 50049