Excellent Whitetail Habitat On The Arkansas River In Southwest KS
The Arkansas River in Southwest Kansas has held a reputation for some of the best whitetail deer hunting in the nation for many years. The whitetail deer in the area seem to thrive within the river bottom’s dense cover, warm-season grasses, and the gently rolling water flowing through the river bed. Upon first sight, this Arkansas River honey hole has all the looks of a trophy whitetail hunting property. The Amazon Canal bed is pounded with thousands of deer tracks and multiple crossings. Just outside the heavy brush between the canal and the actual river bed there are thickets and bushes that have been destroyed by rutting bucks, there are buck scrapes the size of car hoods under several low hanging cottonwood limbs, and multiple electrical poles that have been absolutely shredded by mature whitetail bucks making their statement to the herd. This is a primetime property during the Fall hunting months and is the right size property to hunt multiple hunters. Call the land specialist today to schedule your tour of this outstanding Arkansas River hunting property before its SOLD!
- Located 9.5 miles SW of Lakin, KS on the Arkansas River. Property is located along N River Road
- Only a few miles from HWY 50
- 1.25 miles of Arkansas River Frontage
- Property features 1 mile of the Amazon Canal. The bottom and edges of the canal are hammered with deer tracks
- A seasonal creek enters into the property from the North and eventually drains into the Arkansas River. This is another major travel corridor for the local whitetail deer and provides yet another good resource for wildlife when holding water.
- This area is known for its incredible trophy whitetail hunting and this property has all the cover and water you need to hold the big ones. With over 80 acres of salt cedars, tall grass, brush, thickets, and cottonwoods this farm is literally a huge bedroom for whitetail deer.
- Excellent deer sign throughout the property. Several trails crisscrossing throughout, huge electrical poles rubbed to shreds, and large scrapes on the ground everywhere
- 45.90 acres of tillable land is enrolled in the CRP program through September 30, 2027 paying $2,080 annually, $45.31 per acre
- The CRP acreage provides great additional cover for deer and any upland birds in the area giving them good comfort and security while traveling throughout the property
- The thousands of salt cedars scattered across this property and extending out from the river bed provide ample habitat for this property to hold a high population of whitetail deer
- Great fishing in the river
N. River Road, Lot #WP001
Lakin, Kansas 67860