Smoky Creek Ranch In Kansas
The most important components of finding an exceptional trophy deer hunting ranch is to locate a tract of land with superb habitat for holding and growing trophy deer, but just as importantly, one with an extensive history of producing and holding trophy deer in an area that is known for strong genetics. The
Smoky Creek Ranch in Western Kansas is loaded with excellent tree cover, a spring fed creek, brushy bottomland bedding cover, and nearly 30 acres of productive alfalfa fields loaded with tons of antler growing protein. The ranch checks all the boxes from a habitat standpoint and, more importantly, has a trophy deer history that is second to none! The former owner harvested the #1 mule deer in Kansas state history scoring a whopping 269 inches and the #10 buck which measured out at over 222” – both of which were believed to be harvested from this property and adjacent property. The current owner has taken multiple 200 class mule deer from the land over the past decade and several 170+ whitetails as well. Rio Grande turkeys are also prevalent along the creek bottom and can be seen strutting in the sun in the secluded alfalfa fields. The habitat within the boundaries of the ranch has been greatly enhanced in recent years with the addition of multiple alfalfa fields, fruit trees, and stable water sources, as well as many strategically placed hunting setups with several permanent blinds and ladder treestands.
The entrance to the ranch is behind locked gate and is appropriately marked with a large “Smoky Creek Ranch” iron entryway. The driveway leads to a secluded area near the creek bottom where the magnificent hunting lodge and farmstead is located. With over 6,300 square feet of modernly rustic living space the three level lodge has incredible attention to detail that will be much appreciated by the avid outdoorsman. Just a few steps inside the custom carved front doors and you find yourself within an incredible display of artwork, taxidermy, and fine furnishings and craftsmanship that will simply take your breath away. The trophy room is highlighted by hundreds of large game mounts, a massive stone fireplace, exquisite hardwood floors, and fashionable furnishings down to the finest details. A large fitness and weight room completes the new addition to the home on the main floor providing adequate space for all your active fitness needs. The incredible trophy room transitions into a relaxing entertainment area with theatre style seating, dining room, and newly remodeled kitchen with all the amenities for hosting guests.
A custom log stairway leads to the master suite on the upper floor of the home from the trophy room. The master suite is decked out with a gorgeous custom bedroom set, a walk-in shower and soaker tub, coffee bar, enormous walk-in closet, and views of the property that are second to none. There are patio doors located at the both ends of the master suite providing access to the stunning wraparound deck and views of those famous Western Kansas sunrises and sunsets. The elevated and covered back patio area is full of comfort and peacefulness and features low maintenance Trex composite decking.
The basement of the home features 3 additional bedrooms, adequate storage space, and is the center of the entertainment in the evenings with a large game room featuring a pool table and arcade games.
Behind the lodge is the “bunkhouse” which features additional living space, bunk beds, a kitchen, and all other amenities needed to host additional guests. Also within the farmstead are multiple equipment sheds (one of which features an 8x6 walk-in cooler), a hay barn, and a two car garage. Multiple bronze elk and deer statues can be found throughout the landscape surrounding the house and much attention has been given to the landscaping within the perimeter as well.
The background of the lodge to the Northeast features large breaks and rock formations lined with brushy cover that eventually meets the creek bottom north of the lodge. This area of the ranch has all the characteristics of a mule deer honey hole and is full of attractive hunting terrain.
The Smoky Creek Ranch is unlike any deer hunting ranch you will find in all of Western Kansas and has the history to back it up! There are very few ranches in the entire nation that boast the trophy deer history of the Smoky Creek Ranch and this is an incredible opportunity to purchase a proven world-class hunting ranch with endless amenities and classy accommodations. Contact land specialist Adam Hann for a private look at this historic Western Kansas hunting ranch!
- Located approximately 5 miles northeast of Healy along Hickock Road. This property is behind a gated entrance and is to be shown BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- 360 +/- acres of incredible creek bottom hunting habitat
- The former owner of this property harvested the #1 all-time Kansas record mule deer from this area in 1989 (harvested on adjacent property), scoring a whopping 269 0/8”
- The #10 mule deer in Kansas was harvested on this property – scoring 222 6/8”
- This property and area is well-known for its world class mule deer and trophy whitetail genetics. Several whitetail bucks over 170” have been harvested from this property as well as several 200 class mulies
- Great Rio Grande turkey hunting as well
- 28.88 acres of alfalfa supplies a food source that is second to none for wildlife in this area, while also providing a steady source of income from the property
- 6,300 square foot home features three floors of living space and serves as an incredible hunting lodge
- 6 bedrooms, 3 ½ baths, modern kitchen, large trophy room w/ stone fireplace, and game room in the basement
- Incredible wraparound deck provides tremendous views of the beautiful Kansas sunrise & sunset and the elevated back patio offers a very serene and comfortable area to relax in the shade
- Very spacious and open master suite is complete with master bed set area, a stunning shower and soaker tub combination with huge his/her vanity, coffee bar, and access to the back patio and wraparound deck
- Separate “bunkhouse” provides living space and accommodations for additional hunters and/or guests. Features bunkbeds, kitchen, and restroom
- 2 car garage, shop, 3 sheds, and a haybarn
- 8 permanent hunting blinds and 16 treestands on the property
- 200 acres of grassland is fully fenced outside of the best hunting areas and has been leased to a tenant to graze livestock. Current grazing lease pays $4,000 annually
- Natural springs along the creek bottom provide good water for wildlife throughout the year. Water well also provides water throughout the ranch
- 8x6 Walk-in Cooler
- This area of Kansas is very popular for excellent upland bird hunting as well
- All personal property and equipment can be purchased with the real estate at an additional cost. John Deere 4240 Tractor and Mower, 860 Case Backhoe, Husqvarna & Hustler self-propelled mowers, DR Mower and Brush Cutter, Polaris Ranger, Artwork, Furniture, Wildlife Bronze Statues, Gun Safes, and Over 200 wildlife mounts in the Trophy Room! Contact agent for a complete list of personal property that can be included with the sale of the real estate
- Just over 4 hours from Denver, CO! Less than an hour drive from Garden City, KS and Garden City Regional Airport
273 N. Hickock Road, Lot #WP001
Healy, Kansas 67850