Great Hunting Property On The Cottonwood River In Central Kansas
The Cottonwood River in Central Kansas is widely known to be a consistent producer of giant whitetail deer. This large tract boasts significant river frontage across the farm. Simply put, the habitat that encompasses this farm and the surrounding area is some of the best Central Kansas has to offer. If you’re looking for a top-end farm that will allow you to hunt big mature deer year in and year out, take a closer look at this premium offering.
- Within the boundaries of this farm exists heavy mature timber along the river combined with tall grasses making it extremely diverse which offers the next owner a multitude of strategic hunting opportunities
- This farm is truly one-of-kind, the roads that intersect the property are mud roads with very little traffic adding to the seclusion
- Approximately 80 acres of good class II and III soils are currently being farmed
- Approximately 200 acres of CRP expiring October of 2019 could be broke out and converted back into income generating tillable acres or be allowed to continue growing up further providing immense cover and habitat
- The farm won the Wildlife Habitat Conservation Award for best in Kansas in 1996, and it’s easy to see why. The current seller has planted thousands upon thousands of trees over the years to provide additional food, cover and habitat
- Over the last several decades, this farm has seen very little hunting pressure, the opportunity to hunt the Boone and Crockett caliber bucks and chase great big turkey that call this farm home are truly second to none in Central Kansas
- The older 4 bedroom and 1 bathroom farmhouse will make the perfect place to set up deer camp with friends and family and the outbuildings will provide more than enough storage area for all your gear and land management tools
- Two ponds
- 5 minutes to Durham
- 20 minutes to Hillsboro
- 1 hour to Wichita
- The farm will be shown by appointment only.
432 310th, Lot #WP001
Durham, Kansas 67438