Incredible Hunting, Views & Building Site Near Kirwin Reservoir In KS
This ideally located parcel of land features outstanding hunting opportunities along Bow Creek, a perfect building site with water and power readily available, incredible views, and is only a few short miles from Kirwin Reservoir & National Wildlife Refuge! This 240-acre tract of recreational land features stunning views from its peaks on the Eastern portion and transitions into oak and cedar-lined canyons that are loaded with whitetail deer, turkey, and quail. Large flats of tall CRP grass complete the center of the property before it transitions into a wooded spring-fed stream along the western boundary. Large cottonwoods border the CRP field to the East and the hillsides are lined with plum thickets. All of these details add up to incredible hunting in an area that is very reputable for producing giant whitetail deer, thundering tom turkeys, plentiful upland birds, and located in one of the best waterfowl hunting areas in the entire Midwest! Also one cannot imagine a more peaceful and scenic area in all of North Central Kansas to build a country home or cabin with recreational opportunities literally all around you. Contact land specialist Adam Hann today to schedule a viewing of this incredible property!
- Situated along Bow Creek only 3 ½ miles SW of Kirwin Reservoir and 9 miles NE of Stockton
- Located near Kirwin National Wildlife Refuge
- Excellent access along E Day Dream Road and located only 3 miles East of Highway 183
- Bow Creek flows through NE corner of the property and another small wooded stream flows along the West boundary line. Major travel areas for whitetail deer
- Very scenic area and incredible views from this property
- Beautiful and very serene location for building a country home or cabin
- Electricity available on the property
- Water well provides water for livestock and wildlife
- The deep timbered canyons surrounding the farmstead are loaded with cedars, large oak trees, and vast plum thickets line the hillsides
- Multiple coveys of quail, turkey, and whitetail deer were observed on the property upon inspection
- The Kirwin area is very well known for its waterfowl hunting opportunities right in the heart of the Central Flyway. According to the US Fish & Wildlife Services, upwards of 85,000 Canada geese and over 125,000 ducks migrate through the Kirwin area during peak Fall migration.
- With a few enhancements this property has potential to be well suited for top-notch waterfowl hunting. Its definitely in the right area
- The Eastern portion of the property increases over 110 feet in elevation providing excellent views of the area and perfect vantage points for scouting and hunting trophy whitetail deer on the property.
- This area features Bow Creek, which offers some of the best trophy whitetail deer hunting in all of Western Kansas
- Several Rio Grande turkeys frequent the property
- Multiple draws run through the property that are loaded with plum thickets and a few trees including some large cottonwoods. This property holds a very high number of deer that seek seclusion outside of the creek and river bottoms.
- 144.6 acres of tall CRP grass provides excellent habitat for upland birds and deer. Total annual CRP payment is $5,908. 43 acres of CRP is enrolled thru 9/30/2020 and pays $1,648 annually. 101.6 acres is enrolled thru 9/30/2021 and pays $4,260 annually.
- Once CRP expires, owner could potentially convert some or all of these acres to cropland to attract more deer, turkey, upland birds, and it would be a magnet for waterfowl in the late Fall and Winter.
- Sellers mineral rights will transfer to the Buyer at date of closing
- Legal Description: NE/4 and N/2 SE/4 of Section 34, Township 5 South, Range 17 West of the 6th PM in Phillips County, KS
E. Day Dream Road, Lot #WP001
Kirwin, Kansas 67644