Beautiful Family Farm In Eastern MO
This beautiful family farm which has been in the same family for 80 years is located about 5 minutes west of Desoto off of Stone House Rd, which is a very easy drive from St Louis. The farm offers a nice mix of pasture and timber, a beautifully remodeled 2700 sq ft home, an additional residence currently occupied by a tenant, a 70 x 140 pole barn, a 54x50 cattle feeding facility as well as 3 smaller outbuildings. The cattle feeding facility could easily be converted to house horses and all buildings have access to electricity and water. The large pole barn has a tack room that is climate controlled with an attached bathroom and 220 electric. Two of the barns contain horse stalls as well as lofts for hay storage. The main home dates back to the mid-1800s but has been fully modernized, the covered patio bar with stamped concrete and hot tub deck is a great place to relax or entertain guests. The farm is currently a working cattle ranch with 10 separate paddocks of varying acreage, each paddock has water run to it which is provided by 2 wells on the property. The farm currently maintains 25 momma cows, their calves and a couple of bulls. Additional water sources include 3 different springs, 1 wet weather spring, and 3 different creek branches that run through the farm. One of the springs is housed by a very old spring house that has been turned into a beautifully landscaped waterfall running down the hillside into an adjacent Koi pond. The entire perimeter of the farm is fenced and has been cleared for easy access around the entire property, along with accessible trails through the timber. The hunting on this farm is top-notch and this family has enjoyed many, many years of successful hunts, a few food plots are already scattered through the farm. If you are looking for a beautiful farm and home with endless possibilities then this offering is a must-see, call today to set up your own private tour.
- 5 minutes west of Desoto, 15 minutes west of Festus, 45 minutes SW of St Louis
- -Well maintained 2700 sq ft 3 bedroom, 2 bath home. Baths have been recently remodeled and include glass shower doors and crown molding. The home also features a living area, dining room and office with early last century pocket doors. There is a very nice wood burning brick fire place and plantation shutters all around. The home has Pella windows and two walk in closets that were outfitted by the St Louis Closet Company. There is an attached covered porch and hot tub deck with a stamped concrete patio and covered bar area which is great for entertaining. All of this is privately located in the center of the farm and not visible by the public.
- Approximately 55 acres of nice pasture all fenced and crossed fenced into 10 separate paddocks all with available water
- 70 x 40 pole barn
- 54 x 50 cattle feeding facility
- 2 barns with horse stalls
- 3 springs and 3 creek branches
- Nice winery within 5 minutes
- Great hunting opportunities
- Real Estate taxes are $2550 per year
1269 Silver Leaf Road, Lot #WP001
Desoto, Missouri 63644