Sweet Location For Camp Or Home In Heart Of Leatherstocking
- Interactive Map
This property is located in the heart of the Leatherstocking Region of James Fenimore Cooper fame and is known for its robust whitetail deer population, wild turkey, grouse and overall thriving wildlife population. It would make a really nice building site for a home or new cabin, or use the 14x70’ trailer already there as a campsite. There is a well and electrical service in place. This is a beautiful location set up off a quiet-but-paved, town-maintained road and is nestled among a nice pine grove offering easy-to-walk or ATV trails and level open areas. There are several spots that would make ideal places for food plots, and the design and location of the trails and lanes among the pines bring deer onto and through the property, as shown by the considerable evidence of deer sign throughout. There are also planted blueberry bushes and apple trees which attract the wildlife. There is a 3 story tower stand, ground blind and tree stand that will remain with the property, as well as a 46” cub cadet mower that stays. While this is a secluded location, the town of Hartwick is 12 minutes away and a host of amenities less than a half-hour away in Cooperstown. Some of those amenities include the National Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown Dreams Park as well as shopping, hospital and gas. Cultural attractions like the Fenimore Art Museum, Farmers Museum, Brewery Ommegang, and Glimmerglass Theatre are also available. Outstanding fishing awaits nearby on Otsego Lake - 4046 acres of pristine water, with lake trout, walleye and perch, among many other species. The Glimmerglass State Park offers its public beach and picnic grounds, as well as fantastic water recreational activities. Oneonta is 30 minutes away, with Hartwick College and SUNY Oneonta. The property is 3.25 hours from the George Washington Bridge/NYC.
- Nice options for camp or home site on year round maintained quiet road with electric and drilled well
- Abundant deer sign in an area renowned for big whitetail and wild turkey and diverse wildlife.
- Tree stand, 3-story Tower stand and ground blind stays along with 46” cub cadet mower
- 14 x 70’ trailer used as hunting camp
- Planted blueberry bushes and apple trees
- Less than 30 minutes to the world-renown Cooperstown and Oneonta with amenities and cultural and recreational attractions, which includes the National Baseball Hall of Fame, NYS Historical Society and Fenimore Art Museum, Farmers Museum, Brewery Ommegang, and Glimmerglass Theatre, Hartwick College and SUNY Oneonta.
- Outstanding fishing awaits nearby on Otsego Lake covering 4046 acres with lake trout, walleye and perch among many others, public beach and NYS Park as well as fantastic boating recreation on this pristine lake.
- The property is approx. one hour 18 mins from Binghamton, Albany is 1.75 +\- hours and it's just over 3.5 hours to the George Washington Bridge/NYC area.
227 Jones Road, Lot #WP001
New Lisbon, New York 13415