Beautiful North Texas Cattle Ranch With Large Home
- Interactive Map
PRICE REDUCED! This immaculately maintained cattle ranch with a large family home is located just outside Bonham, TX. A great location for a relaxing retirement, a weekend getaway, or full-time family living with a reasonable commute to the larger metro areas. Currently operated as a cattle ranch, well-managed grasses and numerous cross-fenced pastures allow for maximized grazing opportunities. The property has a great mix of beautiful open pastures with some densely wooded areas in the northeast portion of the property. A large 2-acre pond behind the home provides great opportunities for family fishing (bass and catfish), while providing habitat for ducks and geese. Five additional ponds are scattered throughout the ranch, providing additional water for livestock and wildlife.
LOCATION: Conveniently located near Bonham, TX (pop 10,000), only 1.5 hours from Dallas, and just 1 hour from Frisco and Plano. 45 min to McKinney, and 25 min to Sherman.
THE HOME: The custom-built 4500 sq. ft. home, built by the current owners in 1997, features 4 bedrooms and 5 full baths. A large open kitchen and family room extends across the rear of the house overlooking the pastures, while a formal living room, dining room, and an office complete the front of the home. Gas fireplaces provide winter ambiance to the formal living room and to the large first-floor master suite. The attached 3-car garage, extended carport, and large concrete driveway allow for expansive vehicle parking.
- A beautiful red barn (approximately 3,000 sq ft) sets behind the home. The barn, with large sliding doors at each end, provides ample storage for equipment and tools. Within the barn, there is a ½ bath, plus a separately accessed small apartment with kitchen, bedroom and bath
- More than 4,000 feet of steel pipe fencing surround the home’s yard, driveway, and the barn areas, providing nice curb appeal and keeping cattle from the home and FM road
- Cattle handing facilities are custom built and conveniently located adjacent to the barn
- The entire perimeter of the ranch is fenced (incl. steel pipe along FM road) and numerous gated cross-fences provide for more than a dozen different pastures for cattle rotation. All fencing is in excellent condition
- The rancher takes pride in quality of the grasses on this ranch. There is approximately 140 acres of improved pasture, including Coastal Bermuda, Johnsongrass, Bluestem, and Alamo Switchgrass
- There are six ponds on the property with approximately 7 acres of surface water when full. All are said to have fish
- City water is utilized for the home. A second city water meter is available at the old barn located adjacent to County Road 1444, along the eastern boundary. A private deep water well near the home serves the barn and any pastures without ponds have water piped in for cattle. Water from the largest pond is utilized for lawn irrigation
- The ranch provides a great habitat for whitetail deer, turkey, feral hogs, ducks and geese. There are numerous species of smaller game animals and birds, and occasionally black bear have been spotted in the mostly-wooded northeast portion of the ranch
- The ranch is located within the Bonham Independent School District, and approximately 3.5 miles from the Morning Star Academy, a private school for students, infant through 8th grade
- All areas of the ranch are easily accessible with approximately 1475 feet of road frontage on paved FM 274, with additional frontage along County Road 1444
- An older barn is located at the CR 1444 road frontage, with electricity and a public water supply
- The current ag-exemption provides for low property taxes. Estimated at $4,810 for 2018
- Prospective buyers are requested to provide a letter of financial qualification in advance of the initial showing
- Boundaries as outlined on aerial photos and provided maps are approximate and must be verified by a new survey
14867 FM 274
Bonham, Texas 75418