Tranquil Ranchette In Hill Country In TX
- Interactive Map
PRICE REDUCED! This tranquil ranchette located within a gated 1600-acre development offers a perfect piece of the Hill Country lifestyle. The comfort and security of a subdivision coupled with hunting privileges and private Guadalupe River access provide a recreational paradise only minutes from the idyllic community of Hunt. This thoughtfully planned home with quality craftsmanship would be ideal for a peaceful retreat or to entertain family and friends. A custom Alder wood door opens to the great room with 22-foot vaulted tin ceilings inspired by an 1800's structure in Wyoming. The interior walls are a tasteful mixture of native stone and tongue and groove pine wood. The galley kitchen with bar seating, custom soft maple cabinets, and new stainless-steel appliances contains numerous creative features designed to maximize space. The open floorplan of the house leads naturally into the master bedroom and attached master bath with a freestanding, soaking tub and walk-in shower. An enclosed sunroom is easily accessed from either the master bedroom or the great room. Beautifully designed and ringed by twenty-one 6' tall, double-paned Pella casement windows, the sunroom is the perfect place to relax and watch the sun paint the hills of the North Fork river valley at sunrise and sunset. An interior wall separates one end of the sunroom into an additional space that can be utilized as an office or spare bedroom. An upstairs guest quarter complete with kitchen and full bath can be accessed via either an interior circular staircase or by an exterior private entrance with covered landing and French doors. The house is red iron steel beam construction with five inches of spray foam insulation covered by a limestone rock and Hardie Board cement siding exterior.
The house sits nestled amongst native, drought-resistant landscaping and the 2-acre yard is encircled by a new, hand-scraped, cedar rail fence. Close to the house is a covered carport on a concrete slab. Further down the drive lies a 16'x24' Tuff Shed and a well-built pump house covering the well. The shed and pump house are on a separate 200-amp service from the main house. The well is 12 GPM drilled to a depth of 740 feet into the Trinity aquifer providing the house and property with dependable water. Well equipment includes a new well motor and pump (installed in 2018), a pressure tank, and a 2,500-gallon storage tank. The pump house is designed to be partially disassembled allowing for easier maintenance of the well if necessary.
The land encompasses the southern slope of a ridgeline and gradually slopes toward the southeast. The high point of the property is at the northwest corner near the house which offers expansive vistas to the south and southeast. Partial cedar clearing has been done to open the views and allow for ease of travel around the property. The land is easily walkable and/or drivable with dirt roads leading to the back of the property as well as to a side gate that opens onto River Bend Road West.
- Native hardwoods including mature Live oaks and Post oaks
- Variety of native flora including Blue Sage, Mountain Laurel, Indian Blanket, and Bluebonnet
- Expansive Hill Country views to the south and southeast
- Property elevation ranges from 2,080' to 1,980'
- Native wildlife including abundant Whitetail deer and turkey
- Exotic wildlife including Axis, Fallow, and Sika deer, and Blackbuck antelope
- Property is perimeter fenced with wire field fencing and is within a perimeter high fenced community
- Only property in River Bend Ranch that is totally privately fenced
- Property has a 12 GPM well drilled to 740 feet into the Trinity Aquifer
- Average annual rainfall is 32.08" for the local area
- Property ID: 502724
- Property carries Wildlife Exemption
- Seller has existing subdivision plat and will provide basic title insurance
- Mineral rights which the Seller owns will be conveyed to the Buyer at Closing.
- 31.75 ac offered at $895,000
- Hunt 5.8 miles
- Fredericksburg 45 miles
- Kerrville 18 miles
- Austin 124 miles
- San Antonio 87 miles
- Boerne 55 miles
- Camp Stewart 3.4 miles
- Camp Waldemar 5.1 miles
- Camp La Junta 6.3 miles
- Camp Mystic 11 miles
- Mo-Ranch 9.4 miles
- Property Address: 109 Blue Sage Trail West, Hunt, TX 78024
FM 1340, Lot #WP001
Hunt, Texas 78024