Turn-Key Exotic Wildlife Property In Post Oak Savannah In Texas
- Interactive Map
If you are searching for a truly turn-key property that caters toward the exotic wildlife/alternative livestock industry, then look no farther! Located only 40 minutes from Bryan/College Station…this picturesque 237-acre working ranch features 2 homes, rolling pastureland, large hardwood timber, 5 ponds, game-proof high fencing and cross fencing, breeding pens, holding pens, and fully functional handling/sorting barn capable of working virtually any species of exotic wildlife to be found in Texas. The amount of infrastructure present on this property is almost too much to list. This is your chance to own a stand-out recreational and ranching oasis. Call us today to schedule a private tour. Shown by appointment only.
Location/Access: This property is located a short 40-minute drive northwest of Bryan/College Station, and only 10 minutes west of Highway 6 and the town of Calvert, via blacktop road. The entrance is comprised of an automatic gate (code access) followed by a gravel driveway that stretches more than a half-mile, providing all-weather access to both homes as well as the barn/working pen areas.
Land: The ranch features gently rolling terrain with roughly 50 ft. of elevation change across the property. Approximately 80% of the property consists of mostly open coastal Bermuda pasture, with scattered large oaks. The remaining 20% consists of heavily timbered hardwood areas (near the back of property).
Water: The ranch offers diverse options for watering, with 5 ponds, two water wells, and numerous watering stations for game/livestock. There are no major creeks on the property, making for a secure perimeter with no major water gaps to maintain.
Improvements – Fencing: The entire perimeter of this property is enclosed with galvanized high-tensile 8 ft. game fencing, as well as dozens of interior 8 ft. high cross-fencing and pens. In total, there is more than 36,000 ft. of high game fencing on this property, offering tremendous “value-added” to a knowledgeable buyer. Breeding/working facilities consist of various pens, shelters, chutes, alleyways, and corrals to provide complete functionality. The largest high fenced area of the ranch is approximately 100 +/- acres, and could easily be used as a managed hunting area.
Improvements – Main Home: The main home is a drop-dead-gorgeous 3,500 +/- sq. ft. “Barndominium”, recently constructed in 2017. This home has highly sought after modern farmhouse interior features and an open floorplan with vaulted ceilings in the main living areas. 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms make up the layout, complete with a large kitchen/dining/living area. Full-length front and rear porches make for the ultimate lounging areas overlooking the property.
Improvements – Secondary Home: The secondary home features a 1,500 +/- sq. ft. two-story structure. This house is more of a traditional style, with modern appliances and a very functional layout. Large porches are also present at this home. Next to this home is a 1 bed/1 bath guesthouse, as well as a newly constructed in-ground swimming pool with large covered pavilion.
Improvements – Animal Barn: One of the main features of this property is the state-of-the-art “working barn”, designed specifically to handle and work exotic game species up to the size of Bison and Elk. Over 6,000 sq. ft. of covered stalls, chutes, alleyways, and loading dock make it easy to work with just about any type of large animal.
Improvements – Miscellaneous: Other miscellaneous improvements on the property consist of a 1 bed/1 bath “tiny house” manufactured home for additional living quarters, feed storage bin, 20’x 40’ metal equipment shed, and various specialized pens (built to contain bird species, small mammals, and swine).
Wildlife: Numerous exotic game species are currently present on the property at the time of this listing, including the following: Axis Deer, Blackbuck Antelope, Fallow Deer, Red Stag, Waterbuck, Dybowski Sika, Nilgai Antelope, Red Lechwe, White Bearded Wildebeest, Barasingha, Banteng, Highland Cattle, Rhea, Capybara, and miscellaneous birds and domestic waterfowl species. Please note that the animals currently residing on the property ARE NOT INCLUDED in the price of the property, and numbers and species are subject to change at any time. However, animals can be negotiated as part of the transaction, if desired by the buyer.
Mineral Rights: The seller owns a portion of the mineral rights, which may be negotiated as part of a mutually acceptable offer.
- 2 homes
- 5 ponds
- Perimeter 8 ft. game fencing and cross-fencing
- Breeding/handling facilities
- Animal handling/working barn
- Convenient location 40 minutes from Bryan/College Station
- Paved road frontage
- Swimming pool
- Mixed wooded and open areas
- Improved pasture
- Turn-key business opportunity
- Some minerals available
132 County Road 267, Lot #WP001
Cameron, Texas 76570