A Premium Turn-Key Hunting Property Near Dallas-Fort Worth
- Interactive Map
Here is an exclusive opportunity to own a premium turn-key hunting property that is being advertised on the open market for the first time. The current owner has worked over a decade developing this property into a superior whitetail habitat. There are strong numbers of deer on this ranch and show good quality native genetics. The current owner has provided an extensive collection of game photos from recent years that can be shared with potential buyers. There are several hunting set-ups that convey, including rifle blinds, tripods for bow hunting and feeders, all placed in already proven locations. The landscape is approximately 70% wooded, primarily with oak with thick underbrush for browse and cover, while several open areas incorporate native grasses and some annual food plots offer additional fall and winter food sources. The terrain gently increases approximately 50 feet as you enter the gate and travel east across the open pasture toward the rustic hunters’ cabin. Continuing east, an additional 50-60 feet of elevation is experienced with a high point of 1,010’ achieved toward the center of the eastern hunting area. There are several good sites to build a beautiful home if you choose to make this your permanent residence. The current owner has developed and maintained a vast network of internal trails, allowing thorough access to the hunting set-ups and throughout the entire property, which feels much larger than 265 acres.
- Centered between the cities of Saint Jo and Nocona, the ranch is conveniently located approximately 1.5 hours northwest of Fort Worth, and 1 hour 40 minutes from Dallas.
- Paved frontage along Old Bonita, with a gated entrance and a gravel driveway leading approximately ¼ mile to the hunters’ cabin and the main 24x28 metal storage barn. An additional deeded access easement to the NE portion of the property via Petty Rd.
- A double-wide mobile home, approximately 1500 sq ft, with 3 BR / 2 Baths serves nicely as the hunters’ cabin. Metal roofing with covered porches provides additional protection from the elements and shaded outdoor living space.
- Four ponds located throughout property, providing water sources for cattle and wildlife
- Added hunting opportunities include wild hogs and Rio Grande turkey, while the owner also reports a few coveys of quail being present
- The current owner runs cattle on the 30 acres of pasture on the western portion of the property. Good fencing encloses the perimeter of the property while cross fences provide the ability to manage cattle access.
- All areas of the property are accessible by ATV, utilizing the network of roads and trails that meander throughout the property and along the perimeter.
- Electric service and a water well serve the hunters’ quarters.
- There is currently no oil or gas production on the property, a rarity for a large tract in this area.
- Ag exemption provides for reduced property taxes.
- Prospective buyers are asked to provide a letter of financial qualification and sign a “Release of Liability” in advance of the initial showing.
2912 Old Bonita Road, Lot#WP001
Nocona, Texas 76255