Small Hunting Property Near Saint Jo In Texas
- Interactive Map
PRICE REDUCED! Here is an affordable opportunity to own a small hunting tract, conveniently located approximately 6 miles north of Saint Jo. There is approximately 100’ of elevation change across this property, with the 1100’ peak providing scenic views in almost all directions. The land is approximately 50% wooded, with mostly oak and scattered cedar, some areas of thick brush and briars, provide great cover for wildlife. Deer, hog, and turkey are abundant in this general area, and this specific property has not been hunted in recent years. There is great potential to attract additional game from heavily-wooded neighboring areas to the east and northeast. I noted some good locations on this property to build a cabin or campsite, minimizing the disturbance to game and within reasonable proximity to current electric service.
- Conveniently located less than 2 hours from both Dallas and Fort Worth
- The land offers a great mix of wooded and open areas with established gravel roads and trails, allowing for easy access to most areas of the property
- There is one pond on the property, less than ½ acre in size, located along the northwest corner of the property. The topography of the property would allow for additional ponds to be constructed.
- Electric service from Cooke County Co-op is available at several points on the property. No meter is currently installed
- The current Ag-exemption provides for low property taxes
- The Reed Cemetery, dating back to the late 1800’s, is located at the center of the property. The cemetery is nicely maintained by the Reed Family and is accessible by the public. The 3-acre cemetery is not included in the 40.408 acres being sold.
- Currently, just two sides of the property are fenced (south & east)
- There currently is oil production on the property. The seller does not own any mineral interest
- Seller financing will be considered to qualified buyers
- Boundaries on maps are approximate and should be verified by a survey
Saint Jo, Texas 76265