Small Hunting Property With Scenic Lake
- Interactive Map
Here is a rare opportunity to own a small recreational ranch with your own private 4-acre lake. This property provides great seclusion yet is conveniently located within 1.5 hours of the DFW Metroplex. There are rolling elevation changes and the terrain is mostly wooded, primarily with oak, providing the feel of a larger property. The thick cover provides excellent hunting opportunities for whitetail deer, wild hogs, turkey, and predators. There is a small older cabin in need of repairs and a covered storage building for your equipment and ATVs.
- Located approximately 1 mile off paved FM455, between the communities of Forestburg and Montague, and within 1.5 hour drive of Dallas/Fort Worth
- The scenic lake is the centerpiece of this property. The former Soil Conservation Lake is approximately 4 acres when full and was engineered with a very large dam, spillway, and overflow pipe. The sellers report that the bass and perch are plentiful
- The land consists of 69.63 acres, approximately 75% is wooded, with varied terrain and over 70 feet of elevation changes throughout the property. There are some small open areas that could be cultivated for wildlife food plots
- The property provides an excellent natural habit for deer, with its thick wooded cover and abundant water source. This ranch has been hunted lightly in the past and only for mature deer. Hunting for turkey and hogs is also excellent and duck hunting opportunities exist on the lake
- An older 1BR/1BA cabin overlooks the lake. This wood-frame structure needs significant repair or replacement. There is also a covered storage building, enclosed on 2 sides, measuring approximately 500 sq. ft.
- Electric service is installed on-site to the cabin
- There is a water well and septic system servicing the cabin. The operational condition of these systems must be confirmed
- A gated entry from the road and perimeter fences secure the property and hold cattle. The perimeter fences are in fair to very good condition. Cattle graze the property for a portion of the year
- Ag-exemption provides for reduced property taxes
- No oil/gas activity currently exists on the property. No minerals are available to convey
- Boundaries shown on maps are approximate and must be verified by a new survey at the time of the sale
Jim Ned Road, Lot #WP001
Forestburg, Texas 76239