High Fence Hunting Ranch Near Possum Kingdom Lake
The PK Ranch is conveniently located near Graford TX, approximately 78 miles west of Fort Worth. The current owner has invested over a decade of time and resources to meticulously develop this beautiful high fenced hunting ranch, situated less than ¼ mile from the east shore of Possum Kingdom Lake. Game includes genetically superior Whitetail Deer, Axis Deer, and Blackbuck, along with native turkey, and ducks. We also saw a covey of quail during a recent visit. The extensive network of gravel roads and improved trails provide vehicle access throughout all areas of the ranch, including the perimeter fence lines. There are several scenic locations on the ranch to build your country home or weekend cabin, either overlooking the lake or the wooded hills to the south.
LAND: Approximately 3 miles well-constructed game fence encloses the entire ranch, including 285+/- owned acreage, plus approximately 9 acres of Brazos River Authority land that the ranch owner is permitted to use. The mostly wooded terrain includes post-oak, live oak, mesquite, elm, and cedar, providing great cover and habitat. The nice quality native grasses provide grazing opportunities and a lush gently rolling landscape.
HUNTING: Over 300 genetically superior Whitetail Deer inhabit the PK Ranch with many of the larger bucks expected to have 180-240 inches of antler this season. There is also an estimated 75 Black Buck and more than a dozen Axis Deer. There are also opportunities to hunt Rio Grande turkey, dove, quail, and ducks. 5 hunting set-ups included in the sale, each with a tower blind (3 new), protein and corn feeders, and supplemental water. Also included is a 14-ton Feed Jet storage bin and trailer mounted pneumatic feeder filling system.
WATER: There are 3 water taps servicing the property. Several ponds provide water for game, while an irrigation system consisting of over 2 miles of water line delivers supplemental water throughout the ranch as needed during dryer periods. Each of the five hunting set-ups have the supplemental watering capabilities. Two creeks cross the NE portion of the ranch creating great waterfowl habitat and some potential seasonal flood plain.
POSSUM KINGDOM LAKE AREA: PK Lake is a reservoir located on the Brazos River, having an area of approximately 17,000 acres and over 300 miles of shoreline. The lake offers a variety of of outdoor activities including boating, swimming fishing, and diving. Area amenities and attractions include dining, golf, marinas, RV parks, and resorts. The Possum Kingdom Airport (F35) is a public airport having a 3500 ft. asphalt runway.
- Conveniently located just 1 hour & 20 minutes west of Fort Worth, just east of Possum Kingdom Lake
- Beautiful gated main entry with 1 mile of frontage along paved FM 2353 and 750 ft of frontage along Hwy 16.
- There is a covered RV camp area with water and electricity available. It includes a 42” x 24’ steel covered roof over a cement slab currently used as an outdoor living area, plus a 24 x 20 steel covered parking area for vehicle and equipment.
- Six ponds located on the ranch, including one larger pond that is currently being constructed.
- An equipment storage barn constructed of two-shipping containers connected by a steel roof is located near the center of the ranch
- Electricity available from United Cooperative Services
- Water supplied by Possum Kingdom Water Supply Corp
- Wildlife Exemption provides for reduced property taxes (est. $600 annually)
- No minerals are owned by the seller. There are several producing oil wells on the property
1202 N. FM 2353, Lot #WP001
Graford, Texas 76449