Secluded Timber Tract Near Charlottesville
- Interactive Map
Unique opportunity to own a large tract of secluded land conveniently located to many of the area’s amenities. Located in Rockfish and only 30 +/- minutes from Charlottesville or Wintergreen Resort. Relax on the water with over 1300 ft of frontage on the Rockfish River and another 500 plus ft of frontage on Dutch Creek. Cruise the entire property on the extensive trail system that has been maintained on an annual basis. Food, water, and cover attract and hold game on this property year-round. Numerous fields dot the landscape and could easily be turned into wildlife food plots. Access to this mature timber parcel is secured with multiple deeded right of ways off Drumheller Lane and Laurel Road. Enjoy fishing for bass and catfish at the private stocked pond. Take in the stunning views of Willoughby Mountain, Bailey Mountain, and the surrounding countryside. This land and much of the adjacent land is in a conservation easement with the Virginia Outdoors Foundation protecting it from future development. This property is well suited to accommodate a large group of hunters and would certainly be an ideal location to build your dream home as well. This area is famed for its many wineries, breweries, cideries, and distilleries many of which can be visited through a number of touring trails offered such as “The Brew Ridge Trail”. Don’t miss your chance to own a piece of Nelson County convenience and adventure. Contact me today for more details or to schedule a private showing.
- Rockfish River frontage of over 1300 ft
- Dutch Creek frontage of over 500 ft.
- Extensive road and trail network that is well maintained.
- Large mature mast producing timber tract.
- Numerous fields could easily be turned into food plots if desired.
- Multiple deeded right of ways exist into the property from Drumheller Lane and Laurel Road
- Relax while fishing the pond for bass and catfish.
- Scenic views of Willoughby Mountain, Bailey Mountain and the surrounding countryside.
- Land is in a conservation easement with the Virginia Outdoors Foundation.
- Food, water, and cover attract and hold many types of wildlife on this property year round.
- Would be ideal for a large hunting camp or dream home location.
- Ideally situated about 30 minutes from Charlottesville, Waynesboro, and Wintergreen Resort.
- Enjoy the areas many wineries, breweries, cideries, and distilleries.
Drumheller Lane, Lot#WP001
Shipman, Virginia 22971