Great Deer Hunting Property In A Prime Area Of Southern Illinois
Smaller tracts of this caliber don’t come along often. Whether you’re looking for a great hunting tract or a home site with scenic views. The terrain is gently rolling with rock outcroppings in the timber, areas of thick brushy cover, crop fields, and pasture. There are 24 acres of tillable providing plenty of food for the local deer herd. The Shawnee National Forest on the north end providing private access to plenty more ground to hunt borders it. This portion of the Shawnee has a big rock bluff that funnels deer right down the northernmost portion of the farm as they head to feed in crop fields below. There are several open areas located right in a major travel corridor that would make ideal staging plots for deer heading to feed in the evening or bed in the morning.
There are several nice building sites scattered throughout the farm, each with their own scenic views. Water and electric are available at the road.
Give us a call today to schedule your private showing!
- Great hunting tract in prime area
- 24 acres tillable provides income and plenty of nutrition for game
- Multiple access points for hunting variable wind directions
- The adjoining Shawnee National Forest offers many more acres to hunt
- Several areas perfect for food plot locations
- Diverse terrain features create several areas that pinch down deer travel
- A pond provides plenty of water for wildlife
- Owned by the same family since 1965
- Multiple building sites all with scenic views
- Water and electric available at road
- Hardwood stands have not been harvested in 30 years, great mix of oaks and hickory
- The land is gently rolling with rock outcroppings and scenic views
- Close to Garden of the Gods, the river-to-river trail and many other recreational areas
- 45 minutes to Paducah, KY – 3 hours to Saint Louis, MO – 2 hours 40 minutes to Nashville, TN
- Taxes unknown
000 Millstone Lake Rd
Simpson, Illinois 62985