A Great Hunting Property With Homes And Cabins In East Central IN
A true giant among properties. You just do not find large contiguous tracts of this caliber in Indiana anymore. Notably, this county ranks very high on the state’s list of trophy buck producers, and this property arguably could be one of the best potential property within the county. One look at the aerial photograph and you will see the giant block of rolling timber is staggering, but combine that incredible security cover with the scattered interior pasture fields, topography and larger destination tillable fields and you have a recipe for a deer management and mature buck production program that will rival any property in any state. There are approximately 24 +/- acres of pasture widely distributed within the big timber from the farthest northern portions to the southern property line. The possibilities are endless for a full spectrum, year-round food plot program to include all the essentials a thriving deer herd would need within the confines of the property. The tillable fields along Duck Creek Road produce income from cash-rent on corn and soybean production and are obvious destination feeding fields in the evenings by the local whitetails as evidenced by the deeply gouged mud trails coming off the wooded hillsides on the north side of the road. The timber was harvested 20 plus years ago and contains a variety of age classes of maturing and younger timber. The woods have a nice accent of cedar-thicket old fields mixed in for more edge and habitat diversity. The farm contains 4 home site locations. The main home featured in the photos is a 1680 sq ft modular 4 bedroom, 3 bath home built in 1989 with an attached garage. The home is currently rented with a dependable renter that can be continued. There is a machine shed and barn along with a storage shed on this 5-acre portion of the farm. On the farm lane to the south and situated at the edge of the woods is a metal sided hunting cabin originally built in 1974. This cabin has several bedrooms a bath, kitchen and living area and has been recently rented for local hunters. Also, further down the lane into the woods is a large cattle barn in a feedlot area that is still utilized but needs some improvements. Directly across Duck Creek Road is an older vacant home over a basement that is a 1-1/2 story 3 bedroom, 3 bath home with 7 rooms and central air. The home was occupied up until the late 1990’s and could be refurbished or removed and the improved lot utilized for a newer home. Just around the corner to the northeast on Smokey Hollow Road sits yet another older home site that is vacant but offers a beautiful private location for a renovation or a re-build. This home site also includes a large pole barn and a separate shop building just across the lane. Lastly, there is a very secluded cabin located up in the timber on the north side of Duck Creek Road. Built in a beautiful setting overlooking a large ravine, this cabin is built in a post and beam style construction and features a large enclosed deck area, large living area, and kitchen. The area around the cabin is set up for gathering outside for cookouts and campfires. An awesome location for a spring turkey hunting camp where you and several friends could stay and walk right out the door to get after the numerous gobblers that occupy this portion of the property. The cabin is accessed by driving up a good stone driveway leading from the yellow farmhouse lot below. This is a must-see to appreciate property not only from the sheer size but for the immense diversity. A dream farm to own for someone who is passionate about managing wildlife and who has wanted to own a property large enough where the input will pay off. This is a very special and unique place. Shown by appointment only.
- Located 1 hour 20 mins. from Indianapolis, 1 hour from Cincinnati
- One 1680 sq. ft. home on 5 acres with garage, barn, machine shed and storage building currently rented
- 2 older home sites with utilities offer restoration or new construction possibilities
- One pole building guest hunting cabin with utilities located with easy access from Duck Creek Road
- One remote, rustic cabin in the big timber for the ultimate in hunting camp experience
- Large cattle barn in a feed lot area
- Huge contiguous timber with over 700 + acres of rolling timber, various ages and some interspersed cedar
- 75 +/- acres of tillable fields between the bottoms along Duck Creek and the tillable fields in the timber
- 24+/- acres of pasture scattered throughout the property, are incredible food plot locations
- Year-round flowing creeks offer continuous water supply
- Incredible numbers of wild turkeys offer lots of spring gobbler chasing fun
- Morel mushroom hunting galore
- The management potential here is the best I’ve ever seen in Indiana
- Small game, upland, waterfowl, turkey and deer hunting that will rival anywhere
- Shown by appointment only
18072 Duck Creek Road
Laurel, Indiana 47024
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.