World-Class Whitetail Hunting Farm For Sale In Southeast IA
Whitetail Properties is very proud to offer this iconic world-class farm which was the personal deer management project and pride of the late Roger Rothhaar, well-known trophy whitetail hunter and author. Roger managed this farm for the past 20 years and during this time it was bow-hunted only with traditional archery gear and has produced over 40 whitetails that scored better than 150” P&Y! That’s an amazing track record of giant whitetails and proof of what this property is capable of. Roger wrote about the development of this farm in the book “Real World Whitetail Icons”, compiled by Don Higgins, in a section Roger titled “The Impossible Dream”. Once you’ve seen all of the attached harvest pictures, you’ll realize how special this property is. And how incredible it will be for the new owner to be able to hunt the same proven stand sites that Roger spent 20 years fine-tuning! It’s easy to see why this farm is so productive just by looking at the aerial photo but you can’t truly appreciate it without seeing it in person. I fell in love with it the minute I drove into it and saw how vast the timber was and how secluded the fields were. There are approximately 400 acres of timber that provides great bedding cover and completely secluded fields that offer the deer safe places to feed. I was on the farm in the middle of a 90 degree July day and there were deer out everywhere feeding in the fields like it was late evening. Access is ideal with gravel road frontage on the west boundary and “class C” dead-end road access on the east side. Another reason the farm has been so productive is the neighborhood that it sits in. This neighborhood likely includes 10,000+ managed acres from just southeast of Albia all the way to Blakesburg. Within this neighborhood is the Ranch, (a 3600-acre privately owned and managed farm which is roughly 1 mile north of this farm) and dozens of other farms that are strictly managed for trophy whitetails. The farm itself consists of approximately 400 acres of mature timber and brush with 141 acres of CRP, 18 acres tillable, and around 30 acres of established food plots. The corn and beans have been planted, the clover fields are established, and brassicas will be planted soon. This will ensure excellent food sources for the 2019 hunting season!! Improvements to the property include 3 ponds/watering holes, field contouring, an internal road system, and timber stand improvement. Roger has proven that this is an incredible archery farm but it also has what it takes to be a phenomenal late season farm. Leave enough food in some strategic secluded areas and there is no doubt that you’ll have world-class late-season hunting with very easy and non-invasive entry and exit routes. There are some ideal building sites on the west side of the property for a home or cabin with utilities available. If you are looking for a turn-key farm that is truly one of the best whitetail properties in the Midwest and that is ready to hunt for the 2019 season, you’ll want to check the Rothhaar property out! Call me today with questions or to schedule a showing.
- Located 5 miles southeast of Albia just west of Blakesburg.
- Approximately 141 acres of CRP paying $22,365/year on 4 different contracts - the average CSR 2 of the CRP and food plots is 56.9, so this is very good quality soil
- Hunted with traditional archery gear for the past 20 years with an unreal history of big buck production - see harvest photos
- Nice layout with access from the entire west side of the property via gravel road and from the east side via a gated class C road - class C roads are optimal because they are closed to the public.
- Proven producer - over 40 whitetails have been taken in the past 20 years on this farm that exceeded 150” P&Y with traditional archery gear and 40 whitetails netting over 150” is phenomenal
- Turn-key!!!! Corn and bean food plots are planted, clover fields are established, and brassicas will be planted soon - this farm will be ready to hunt for the new owner
- Multiple ponds/waterholes and a creek provide good water sources for wildlife
- Incredible neighborhood with some of the most intensively managed properties in Iowa - there have been many 200”+ bucks harvested in this neighborhood
- Very nice mature timber with plenty of thick bedding areas and cedar thickets
- The terrain is amazing with dozens of different ridges, many of which offer south facing slopes which is vital for holding deer on the property late season
- Unreal late season farm with 2-3 key areas that you could leave food and have a great chance of holding deer on the farm late season - the entry and exit routes to these areas are ideal
- Excellent building sites on the west side that wouldn’t disturb the hunting and could provide some nice views of the fields and food plots - there’s nothing like watching your food plots out your back window with a spotting scope
- Annual taxes are $4418 currently according to the county treasurer
710th Avenue, Lot #WP001
Blakesburg, Iowa 52536