Property Near The John Redmond Reservoir In Eastern Kansas
Located near John Redmond Reservoir, this farm offers great recreational value with an annual income. Comprised of a mix of thick timber and grass sitting upon rolling terrain, this farm has excellent habitat for wildlife, predominantly being deer and turkey. Water on the property consists of two small ponds and creek that meanders through timber providing year-round water. Currently, the property is being grazed at 1 cow per 6 acres and provides the owner $12,500 of annual income which is almost a 2% ROI at the current asking price. Sitting just south of the property is John Redmond Reservoir. This reservoir was built and managed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for flood control and wildlife management. It offers great fishing for catfish, bass and crappie and would be a fun outing with the family in the offseason. From a recreational standpoint, this property checks multiple boxes and would be a great buy. If you are interested in taking a closer look, please give us a call to set up a private showing.
- Property is located on the West edge of New Strawn
- 36 miles southeast of Emporia, 55 miles south of Topeka, 110 miles southwest of Kansas City Airport
- Easy access with black-top road access on the north and south sides of the property
- Excellent hunting opportunities for deer, turkey, dove, etc.
- Great area for deer with the property sitting along John Redmond Reservoir
- Annual income from grazing lease at $12,500
- Cattle are currently being grazed at 1 cow per 6 acres being put on May 1st and taken off November 1st
- Two small ponds on the property provide year-round water
- Seasonal creek flows through the timber
- Fence is in great shape around the property
- Believed to be 100% minerals will transfer to the buyer
- 2018 Taxes were $562.76
16th Road, Lot #WP001
Burlington, Kansas 66839