Timbered Creek Bottom And Beautiful Lodge In Western Kansas
This beautiful property located along Sappa Creek, Kansas is perfect for the avid deer and turkey hunter interested in a reasonably sized hunting property with a comfortable and updated home on site. This area is very well known for trophy whitetail and mule deer, and this property has plentiful timber cover and seclusion along the ½ mile of Sappa Creek passing through to hold and attract both species of deer. Over 24 acres of alfalfa surrounds the creek bottom with a few hidden pockets on the backside of the creek that serves as an excellent food source for the wildlife as well as providing income return from the property. A few openings within the timber have potential for small food plot locations, but most of the work is already done on this place. Watering the wildlife is not an issue on this property either, with a waterline running to a tank placed in the creek timber to assure a consistent water source for the wildlife even in the driest of years. Nearly 68 acres of native grass is fully fenced on the north hill overlooking the property and currently has a windmill providing water for cattle. Additional income can be generated from these pasture acres, and it also provides an excellent vantage point to scout deer moving within the creek bottom and bottom crop fields. A beautiful 6 bedroom, 3 bath country home sits on the hill near the southern border of the property providing excellent accommodations during hunting season, or could absolutely make a great permanent residence. The interior of the home has been completely remodeled in recent years with a very rustic hunting lodge feel to it. Pinewood wall paneling, an all new kitchen, updated bathrooms, cozy basement entertainment area, 2 car garage, exterior security cameras, new windows, steel roof and siding, and many many more improvements and extras have been made and are included with this property. The view from the upper balcony overlooking the creek bottom and alfalfa fields to the North is incredible. This is a must-see property only 3 ½ hours from Denver! Call today to schedule a private viewing of this incredible hunting property and home.
- 18 miles Northeast of Colby. Only 3 ½ to 4 hour drive from Denver CO
- 24.45 acres of alfalfa
- 5.35 acres of milo
- 28.46 acres of creek bottom timber
- Approximately 68 acres of native grass w/ windmill water well
- More than a ½ mile of heavily timbered Sappa Creek winds through the property.
- Beautifully remodeled 6 bedroom, 3 bath hunting lodge!
- Pinewood wall paneling, new kitchen, updated bathrooms, cozy basement entertainment area, 2 car garage, exterior security cameras, new windows, steel roof and siding, and many many more improvements and extras.
- Incredible whitetail deer and turkey hunting habitat. Great mix of mature and young timber. Nice openings within the creek bottom create excellent pockets for archery deer hunting setups.
- Great area for mule deer hunting as well!
- Excellent Rio Grande turkey hunting
- Large fields of alfalfa bordering the creek bottom are a magnet for deer and turkeys thru Late Fall.
- Hundreds of cedar trees with irrigation drips systems planted along the road within last couple years
- All appliances and furniture in the home are negotiable
- Large deer feeder included
- Additional acreage along Sappa Creek may be available to lease for hunting as well
- All mineral and water rights are believed to be intact. Any mineral and water rights possessed by the owner will pass to the Buyer upon closing
28652 Co. Road
Rexford, Kansas 67753