The Mockingbird Ranch is a picturesque 180-acre in Kimble County conveniently located south of Junction, TX. The land has been owned by master naturalists for over a decade and has been carefully managed to promote growth of native grasses and minimize the impact of invasives such as Cedar trees and prickly pear.
The entire perimeter has quality hog-proof panel fencing and 3 entrance gates along the south boundary. The land has approximately 100 feet of elevation change throughout which creates scenic views and wet weather creeks and draws in the lower areas.
The improvements include a one-room bunk cabin with limestone exterior and metal roof. This little cabin is perfect for the buyer not wanting the maintenance of a large home. A storage shed for tools and supplies is on-site and convenient to hold everything needed to take care of the property. There is also a pavilion with a picnic table that has electricity ran to it. The 330-foot-deep water well and 1,800-gallon water storage tank are in place and well maintained.
The property has benefited from years of careful management that has resulted in excellent grass such as: little bluestem, silver bluestem, side oats grama, Canada wild rye, meadow dropseed, green sprangletop, hall panicum, Lindheimer muhly, seep muhly, Texas cup grass, Texas wintergrass, and yellow Indiangrass. Nice oak mottes scattered throughout and wild plum trees in some areas.
The Mockingbird Ranch is home to much wildlife such as various birds, turkey, quail, whitetail deer, and axis deer. The absence of hunting pressure on this property has created a true sanctuary for wildlife.
- Approximately 10 miles south of Junction and 85 miles east of San Antonio (as the crow flies
- Wildlife tax exemption
- One-room (13’ 3” X 17’ 4” with loft) furnished cabin situated on a high point of the ranch
- Water well with insulated pump house, pressure tank, and 1,800 gallon storage tank
- 578-gallon concrete water trough fed by water well
- Covered Pavilion with electrical outlets and picnic table
- 12x12 storage shed installed in 2017
- All perimeter fencing replaced in 2018 with hog-proof fencing
- 3 separate gates for easy access
- Abundant wildlife including turkey, bobwhite quail, white-tailed deer, and axis deer
- Over 100 feet of elevation change through the ranch
- Located within Oak Ridge Ranch subdivision and subject to common sense restrictions and covenants. Contact agent to receive a copy of those documents
The information contained herein is deemed reliable but is not warranted or guaranteed by the Broker, its Agents, or the Seller. Access to property, access to utilities, or any measurements including but not limited to, acreage, square footage, frontage, and mapping boundary lines shared herein has not been independently verified and is for purposes of marketing only. If exact measurements, access to property, or access to utilities is a concern, the property should be independently measured or investigated by the prospective buyer.
Buyer’s agents must be identified on the first contact with Broker/Agents and must accompany the buyer on showings to receive full fee participation. Otherwise, the fee participation will be at the sole discretion of the Broker and Whitetail Properties Real Estate, LLC.