Gorgeous Stand Of Timber With High Rolling Hills In Northern WI
Gorgeous stands of maple, ash, basswood and poplar are found on these high rolling hills that drop into lower ground consisting of spruce and balsam creating fabulous habitat for high numbers of deer and bear found in this area. The property is located right on the border of Forest and Langlade Counties just a short distance from Pickerel Lake. A 5-minute walk east of the property is Lily River, full of large brown and brook trout, just look at the photos of a few taken by the seller. Since the property is located off the main road and beyond a gate only the local landowners have ready access to this part of the river and all that it holds. Your only company on this river will be someone you brought with you or deer coming for a drink. The land here grows some of the finest hardwoods in the state and the owner has taken great care of the trees protecting them for generations yet to come. Deep grass cover is found along the Lily River as it winds through the adjoining property just east of this parcel. Wildlife flourishes in the entire area because of logging on adjacent properties as well as food plots that draw the game even closer.
Ginseng plants grow in abundance here and are often dug to help pay for camp expenses when you know what to look for. The seller will certainly show you his hot spots if you inquire (after you own it). The value of “wild” ginseng root has been known to reach $1,000 per pound. Look at the photos of the root taken from past years. It is like gold that grows for the taking, but be careful who you tell, maybe a blindfold would be in order. A deep well serves the property and the cabin is wired for a generator that provides power, both 110 and 12 volts. The road that leads to the cabin is wide and in really nice shape. Taxes are low since the property is enrolled in a Closed Managed Forest Program (you decide who hunts your land).
Strong numbers of quality deer and bear are found here. If you would like to own a property that is set up and ready for the season right now, just call to schedule an appointment to see it. I can’t wait to show you what it feels like to walk one of the finest parcels in the area. This is one you will want to own. For the most concise description of this property be sure to contact Terry Patrick, the listing agent, directly with the contact info listed in his profile.
- Approximately 13 miles south of Crandon, 3 miles from Pickerel
- Approximately 16 miles east of Highway 45, 33 miles southeast of Tomahawk
- This hunting and fishing country at its finest
- About 3/4 mile inside a locked gate with few neighbors
- Very low taxes at only $440 per year
- Enrolled in Closed Managed Forest
- Cabin is 432 square feet on lower level with an upper level bedroom loft
- Bathroom includes a composting toilet
- Fresh water 165-gallon tank serves the cabin
- Cabin power provided by 2,000 generator, wired for 110 and 12 volt
- Gas lights provide additional lighting if needed
- Demand hot water heater keeps hot water flowing
- Legal easement services the property that passes to the next owner
- Turkey and grouse hunting has been great in addition to bear and deer
8125 County Highway DD
Pickerel, Wisconsin 54465