Excellent Mix Use Hunting Property Along Eagle Creek
- Interactive Map
This quarter section of premiere hunting ground has everything a serious deer and turkey hunter can ask for. Properties like this one do not come up too often and when they do, they don’t last very long. One look at this layout and you can see why. This property provides food, water, cover for the wildlife and income. The property also has a quality barn for storage or future living accommodations for the new owner. It offers all this in a layout that seems almost designed for hunting. Little Eagle Creek traverses right through the center of the property, creating a natural travel route for mature deer as they search for hot does during the rut. This property also has a considerable amount of overgrown pasture type of ground that can not be seen from the road. This area is grown up into tall grasses, native forbs, Brush thickets, and cedars that will certainly hold its own resident herd. There is even a small pond back there providing a water source oil addition to the creek. The tall mature trees along the creek offer not only beauty and character but are the perfect terrain for the roosting turkeys in the spring and excellent ambush sites for the avid bow hunter in the fall. There are currently 75 m/l acres currently in tillable production with room to expand if desired. A new farmer has already expressed interest in cash renting this land for $75 an acre or will do it on 1/3rds if desired. With fertile class 2 and 3 soils, you will have no problem finding farmers eager and willing to farm this property for you. The balance of 78 acres m/l of hardwood timber and the brushy cover is ideal habitat for all the native wildlife in the area, but some can be broken out if desired to create more income potential. On a personal note, I am very familiar with this particular area and the caliber of deer that come from it. I will be happy to share more info on that subject with you if desired. Also, I have driven by this place my whole life and this is one of those properties you always wish you could hunt. The type of place that always seems to have the big flocks of birds during the spring and numerous deer on it during the fall. I knew when I entered this farm for the first time; this was a great farm. What was shocking to me, as when I went deeper into the property's backside, it only got better and better. Small fields can easily be converted into food plots, numerous big mature oak trees to hang stands in, Natural pinch points and funnels to direct the game right in front of you, and it’s laid out in a way you can hunt in nearly any wind direction. In addition to all this, the property has a very nice 60x40 Morton style metal barn that was built in 2011 with a concrete floor that can be used to store your equipment, as well as can be easily converted into additional living space at a fraction of the cost to start from scratch. Rural water and power are at the road, so getting utilities will not be an issue. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly to schedule your own private showing of this exceptional farm for more information.
- High density of deer and turkey with great deer genetics in the area.
- Live water Little Eagle Creek runs through the center providing year round water.
- Small pond in the back as well.
- Naturally laid out to provide pinch points and funnels creating excellent ambush sites for hunting.
- Fertile class 2 and 3 soils throughout the property. 75 m/l acres of fertile tillable ground that can provide farming income if desired.
- Excellent locations already in place to plant food plots.
- Large mature timber throughout the creek area.
- A 40X60 metal barn built I 2011 with concrete floor already on the property to provide storage or to be converted into living space if desired.
- Rural water and power at the road. (No meters in place)
- Blacktop access.
- 15-18 minutes from Emporia Ks, 1.5 hours from Kansas City (Olathe) Located between the towns of Hartford and Olpe on Rd 75. ( locally known as the Olpe Hartford road)
- Low water crossing to access the back side of property on normal conditions.
- Estimated taxes to be $2236 annually.
xxx 75 Rd, Lot#WP001
Olpe, Kansas 66865