Secluded North Kansas Hunting Tract With Tillable Ground
- Interactive Map
This beautiful and secluded hunting tract in Mitchell County is a must-see. This property has the perfect mix of timber, farm ground, water, and overgrown pasture to make it the ideal location to hold big whitetails and large numbers of turkeys. This tract is composed of highly productive creek bottom farm ground consisting of Roxbury-Armo Complex Class II soils, hay meadows that were formerly CRP, a heavy timber creek bottom, and pasture which includes a small pond. The heavily timbered creek bottom holds water all year round and is full of mature oaks and tick cover. There are numerous game trails and large rubs throughout the timber stand. There is a thick stand of cedars in the northeast corner which provides good bedding cover. There is a small 800 sq/ft rustic cabin on the property that is well maintained and can easily sleep four adults. The cabin has bunk beds and two lofts along with a large wood-burning stove and has been wired for hook-up to a generator. Additionally, the cabin has a concrete covered porch that looks out over the timbered creek.
This farm has been carefully managed to maximize the recreational aspects while still providing income. Through pasture rent, farm production, and hay this farm has generated $3300 per year in income over the last four years but has the potential to generate a much higher return. The timbered creek bottom has been fenced off from the pasture to create a riparian area for the wildlife. As a result, there are good numbers of big whitetails and turkeys that call this farm home. If you walk the heavily used deer trails along the creek you will see numerous large rubs from one end of the creek to the other. The sellers developed this fantastic farm for spending time with family and to build an appreciation for the outdoors in their children and grandchildren. Therefore, their focus has been on creating high-quality habitat and a comfortable space for the family to spend precious time together. This property is a must-see. For more information, or to schedule a showing contact the listing agent today.
- Located 4.5 miles southwest of Asherville and 11.5 miles east of Beloit on O road
- 30.43 acres of tillable class II farm ground
- 106.71 acres of pasture and hay
- 33.26 acres of heavily timbered creek bottom
- Excellent area for hunting turkeys and giant whitetails
- Good mature hardwood tree cover that will hold deer on the property
- Tall mature oaks and cottonwoods provide great treestand setups as well as the dominant ridge running along the east side of the property for an elevated blind
- Income can be generated from renting the cropland acres and haying
- 2020 Real Estate Taxes were $987
- Legal Description: S17, T08, R06W, ACRES 161.3, W2 NE4, E2 NW4, & S08, T08, R06W ACRES 9.1, S 10 AC SE4 SW4
00000 LOGAN, Lot #WP001
Beloit, Kansas 67420