Private Home Along The Beautiful Mammy’s Creek Near Rockwood
This is a rare opportunity to own a piece of TN history! This historic property/area was featured on the Heartland Series and is probably the most historically unique property I’ve been on! Starting with the well known Waldensia Lake that has a man-made damn that’s 25/30’ high made from huge square rocks that seem impossible to have been manually constructed around the year 1900. It forms a beautiful lake that’s approx. 3 acres. Then as I explored further upstream in Mammy’s Creek, I found more of these huge square rocks that looked like they had been stacked across the creek for a bridge. But then I found a “coal bank” of solid coal laying everywhere. I then decided this must have been for a mill to process the coal. After some digging online, I found an article that describes this. Here are some comments………Stop on the bridge over Mammy’s Creek and listen to the water cascading over the man-made damn of Lake Waldensia where a water wheel once powered a sawmill. The damns reservoir once provided all the water needed for washing the area’s mined coal…. Also, just downstream, not on this property, there are dozens of 100-year-old beehive coke ovens that were used in the then-booming coal and iron industry. This unique property has a very nice home that’s approx. 2,125 sq ft with underground electric, city water, huge 4 car garage downstairs with 14’ doors for equipment and a full bath. Upstairs is an open floor plan 1 BR/ 1 full bath with a very nice kitchen and 180’ mountain views. Add to this the very secluded 372 acres with the Lake Waldensia, beautiful Mammy’s Creek and unreal wildlife habitat surrounded by approx. 7500 acres it really is the outdoorsman’s paradise! Minutes to I-40 and approx. 1 hour to Knoxville and 15 minutes to Crossville this property has it all! This one is a must-see!!
- Abundant historical features on the property listed in the above description
- 3-acre +/- Lake Waldensia
- Beautiful Mammy’s creek that reminds you of the Smoky Mountains
- 30 acres +/- cleared and 60 acres +/- of 20 year old pines. Much more acreage could be cleared for pasture or food plots
- 2125’ home with 4-14’ doors downstairs for equipment and unfinished full bath and room to finish a man cave
- Very tastefully finished open floor plan upstairs with 1 master BR and Master Bath with 180’ views of the property
- Underground electric and city water w/gated entrance
- Surrounded by over 7,500 acres of State and Large Timber Co. ground make it the perfect property to grow and hold big deer
- Loaded with turkey and small game as well
- Very private and feels remote but only minutes to I-40 and Crossville
- This one is a must see!!
1824 Millstone Mountain Road
Rockwood, Tennessee 37854
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.