Ample Opportunities On This Diverse Tract Along The Brazos River
- Interactive Map
Located approximately 55 miles from downtown Houston in a highly desirable and growing area, this large acreage property along the Brazos River presents a unique opportunity for almost any buyer. Heavily wooded with massive oak, native pecan, and other hardwoods donned with Spanish moss all highlighted by over a mile of Brazos River frontage. Relatively undisturbed, it is easy to see why settlers like Stephen F. Austin were attracted to the area. While the recreational opportunities are tremendous, the property also boasts paved county road frontage along two sides. This property’s location, diversity, and access provide something for even the most experienced and discerning buyer. Whether a recreational end-user, developer or investor, this ranch provides ample opportunities and should be considered. Call us today to set up your own private showing. Showings by appointment only.
- Location / Access: The ranch is located just 55 miles South of downtown Houston, TX and 13 miles South of Angleton, TX and 7 miles West of Lake Jackson, TX. Access to the ranch from the Houston area is easy via State Highway 288 to Farm to Market 521, and finally to county road 400 where the property entrance is situated. The property includes roughly ¾ of a mile of county road frontage along county road 400 running to the intersection of county road 400 and county road 849 to a property corner. The property also includes approximately 3,700 feet of road frontage along county road 849 running to the Brazos River. Over 1 mile of the Brazos River acts as the property’s northern border.
- Land: Relatively undisturbed habitat consisting of giant oak, towering native pecan, and other hardwood trees. The property is heavily wooded covering roughly 85 % of the property. Over 1 mile of high riverbank along the Brazos make up the northern boundary of the property. Numerous bends and bows along the river provide a number of scenic overlooks from bluffs along the river. Near the center of the property are open areas with good grass for grazing livestock. Hardwood bottoms and drainages create a gently rolling landscape through portions of the property.
- Water: Over a mile of Brazos River frontage highlight the natural beauty and landscape of the property. An old pond located near the center of the property holds some water, and a number of hardwood bottoms and drainages may provide additional surface water during wet weather. There is an old well that once provided water to the abandoned home on the property. The condition of the well, pumps and equipment is unknown.
- Improvements: There is electrical service and an old water well that once serviced the abandoned, uninhabitable home on the property. There is an old set of working pens, older loafing shed, and storage container(s) on the property.
- Wildlife / Hunting: The recreational appeal for the wildlife on the property is one of its strongest features. The habitat, cover, and water on the ranch in addition to its size and location relative to neighboring properties are textbook for holding and growing excellent wildlife. Whitetail, hogs, and dove are in abundance with opportunities for waterfowl in winter months. With over a mile of Brazos River frontage, the fishing opportunities abound for catfish, gar and other species.
CR 400, Lot#WP001
Brazoria, Texas 77422