The Rio Brazos Ranch
- Interactive Map
It is rare that an unspoiled Brazos riverfront property, situated so close to Fort Worth, becomes available! Located just 40 miles from downtown Fort Worth, the Rio Brazos Ranch is a recreational gem with incredible long-distance views and over 900 feet of Brazos river frontage. The mostly treed landscape consists of large live oak, elm, and pecan trees, with thick cedar and various brush cover providing habitat for the abundant wildlife in the area. The property features more than 100 feet of elevation change with several locations that offer outstanding views of the Brazos river bottom and beyond. The highest elevation point of the ranch, near the center of the property, is mostly level and open, providing an excellent potential building site. Come explore the expansive trail network and find your perfect hunting or building spot!
Location/Access: The ranch is located just 40 miles south of downtown Fort Worth, TX and only 15 miles West of Cleburne, TX and 15 miles East of Granbury, TX. Access to the ranch from the DFW area is easy with the Chisholm Trail Parkway taking you most of the way there and paved county road taking you the rest of the way.
For buyers interested in a primary residence and school districts, the ranch lies within the Godley Independent School District.
Wildlife/Hunting: The recreational appeal for the wildlife on this ranch is one of its strongest features. The ranch has not been hunted in many years. Thick and mature habitat, the river’s year-round water source, and good-sized neighbors all combine to enhance the wildlife and hunting opportunities. Whitetail deer, turkey, dove, and hogs are in abundance.
- The fences on this ranch have been updated and are in excellent condition. The property is currently ag exempt with taxes of less than $400 annually
- One small pond exists on the property, less than one acre in size. The topography and drainage characteristics of the land provide opportunities for constructing additional ponds and possibly a large lake
- There is no water well on the ranch however are numerous water wells in the immediate area, ranging from 240-640 feet in depth
- There is currently no oil or gas production activity on the surface of this property. Mineral interests are not being conveyed with the sale of the ranch
- The ranch will be accessed via Stephenson Rd and a 30’ wide deeded easement road across the property neighboring the north side of the ranch
- There is an expansive trail network providing ATV access throughout the property and most fence lines are cleared for access of the perimeter
- All prospective buyers are required to provide the listing agents/broker with a letter of financial qualification prior to showing the property
- Boundaries as outlined on aerial photos and maps are approximate and should be verified by an updated survey
6220 Stephenson Road, Lot #WP001
Godley, Texas 76044