Custom Log Cabin Along The Peshtigo River Near Goodman
- Interactive Map
This fabulous custom-built log home located right next to the beautiful Peshtigo River ( only 35 feet from the bank) creates one of the most wonderful settings imaginable for a vacation retreat. It is surrounded by thousands of acres of Marinette County forest to the east and US Government land to the south, west, and the north. The maze of hundreds of miles of forestry roads that serve the area is known for ATV and snowmobile fun that keep people coming back year after year. The Peshtigo River has a wonderful continuous flow that provides opportunities for rafting, canoeing, and fishing at just the right place. Have a friend drop you at the bridge on the Peshtigo River Road and float all the way to the cabin, a distance of about 5 miles. On your way, enjoy watching the deer, ducks, and geese, and be sure to take a fishing rod. This river is known for fabulous fishing including large brook and brown trout. The depth and speed of the water create wonderful eddies along with calm water on the backside of large rocks, great places to hook a smallmouth.
The cabin was built in about 1996 from very large pine logs. The cabin sits on the east side of the river and a wonderful deck provides a great place to sit and enjoy the sounds and sites that only a river can provide. Pools in the river are found right in front of the cabin so catching dinner is not very hard. The cabin will immediately impress you as friendly, well maintained, and certainly well designed, an upper loft providing additional space for friends and family. Electricity is provided by a generator, and a drilled well and septic are already in place. The river will beg you to take another look every time you are in its presence. The moonlight shimmering off the ripples of the water will remind you to set your alarm for an early morning float down this peaceful ribbon of heaven found right here on earth. And when you arrive back to your retreat, your friends will wonder what you brought in this time, how many caught, how many landed, and how many kept. You might be the only person on the river today, like any other day. Every time the water calls your name you are living life to its fullest. The pictures you take will never match what your mind’s eye has captured when experiencing a river like the Peshtigo.
The hunting here is also very good. Deer and turkey, bear, bobcat, coyote make their home in these woods. Think about how old and how large a buck can get in woods that are this immense. Ducks and geese are here from early spring until late fall, right through the time of the fall migration of northern waterfowl and woodcock. Pass-shooting can be a hoot for beginners or experienced hunters. There are thousands of acres of public land in all directions. Since so much of the entire region is owned by the county or the federal government, owning 23 acres is like owning thousands. You won’t find many homes or cabins in the area, just lakes, rivers and lots of land to explore.
If you like what this property has to offer you might want to pick the phone up immediately, the market for land is hot and the market for premier properties like this is even hotter. For the most accurate information regarding what this property can do for you be sure to contact Terry Patrick, the listing agent. If you make the trip to see it, plan on spending the money to own it, it is just that nice. Call today and let this river retreat change the direction of your life.
- The cabin is located 12 miles from Laona or Wabeno; Townsend and Lakewood are just 15 miles southwest
- Wausaukee is found 25 miles east and Green Bay is just 68 miles southeast, so getting here is pretty easy
- Valley Lake, Bear Lake, Porcupine Lake, Haymeadow Creek, and a host of other bodies of water are found within a short distance
- The cabin is constructed using the full log and the deck and cabin have been recently stained, move-in ready
- A small shed provides storage for the generator and some toys and a fire pit is found right at the water’s edge
- The roads are well maintained, the township provides snow plowing and maintenance of the road up to the gate all year long
- The taxes are extremely low at just $1,581/year (2020)
- Fish in the river include brook and brown trout, a variety of panfish, rock bass, crappie, perch, northern pike, and smallmouth
- You won’t get an electric bill each month, this property is run on a generator
- The warm glow of gas lighting provides a fabulous ambiance and it is just gorgeous
- The 500 gallon LP tank goes with the property
- The loft sleeps 10 people (4 double beds and 2 single beds) and they are included in the sale
- The bedroom on the main level is queen size and the custom bed is also included in the sale
- The refrigerator and stove run on LP gas and are included as are the rest of the furnishings
- The septic system includes a 5,000 gallon fiberglass tank for black water and the gray water from the shower and sink finds its way to the drainfield
- A sandpoint provides fresh clean water and provides all of the water to the cabin
- The bathroom has a very nice shower and toilet
- The generator is connected to wall outlets along with the well pump but could be expanded to service additional lights if desired
- Solar panels are in place already and is a great opportunity to use the sun for lighting - the batteries need to be replaced but the system functions
- A small storage container provides a great location for your toys and 2 canoes will be provided for the buyer
- Deck furniture, the swing set, and bird feeders are also provided at no additional cost
- The property is located behind a locked gate
- The short road that serves the property is serviced by the township and it is maintained all year round
- This is truly a turnkey opportunity and it is ready right now
301 Goodman Park Road
Athelstane, Wisconsin 54104