CRP Combination Farm With Upland Hunting And Off-Grid Cabin
- Interactive Map
If you love to hear the cackle of a rooster as he busts out of the cover or if you get up early in anticipation for your dog’s first point of the day, you need to check this farm out! This farm has exceptional wild pheasant and bobwhite quail hunting opportunities due to almost 85 acres of well-established and highly maintained CRP. The warm-season grasses also provide cover and habitat to a solid population of deer and wild turkey, adding to the recreational opportunities and further extending your hunting season. A custom-built cabin overlooks a small stocked pond nestled in the timber in the northeast corner of the farm. The cabin is extremely private and provides great views as well as a place to stay for those hunting trip getaways or a great weekend with your family. The off-grid cabin utilizes solar panels and low voltage LED lights, a propane stove/oven combo for cooking, and a wood-burning stove for heat. This combination makes for a comfortable four-season cabin no matter what time of year. To find out more information about this stunning recreational property, call the Land Specialist and Listing Agent. Showings by appointment only.
- Total CRP income of $15,565.00/year from three separate contracts (CP15A, CP33, CP38E-25) that expire in 2029 & 2030
- The CRP practices are a combination of quail buffer strips, contour strips and prairie grasses that are made up of numerous grasses, forbs, and flowers
- 84.38 FSA acres with an average weighted CSR2 of 57.6 (2021 AgriData Inc.)
- Tillable acres are terraced and have had tile installed where necessary to improve field drainage
- There are just over 25 acres of timber to pick off that whitetail buck cruising from draw to draw
- The property comes with three elevated tower blinds situated on three separate clover food plots
- The property has a flourishing pheasant population and an emerging quail population
- There is a gated entrance to the winding lane that leads back to the custom 16x24 cabin
- The cabin features a kitchen, toilet room, living area with wood burning stove, and a sleeping loft. The exterior features Hardie Plank siding, Marvin double-hung windows, and asphalt shingles
- A septic system was installed in 2019
- This farm is located just 5 miles north of Guthrie Center, IA off of paved Highway 25 which is roughly one hour from the Des Moines Metro and 1:45 minutes from Omaha, NE
- Electricity available at the road (Highway 25)
- School District: Guthrie Center Schools – ACGC
- Located in Section 8 of Victory Township (8-80N-31W)
- Zoned Ag & Ag Dwelling
- Annual Property Taxes: $2,292 (2019)
1778 Highway 25, Lot#WP001
Guthrie Center, Iowa 50115
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.