Remarkable Combination CRP And Hunting Farm With Off-Grid Cabin
- Interactive Map
Whitetail Properties Real Estate is proud to offer this amazing combination farm for sale west of Guthrie Center, IA. This property is the ideal outdoorsman’s farm. It has stands of mature hardwood timber on the ridge tops and dense underbrush in the draws. This combination creates a tremendous amount of edge inside the cover to give mature whitetails the security and habitat they need to thrive. The ridge tops have great roost trees for the flourishing wild turkey population and ideal elevated treestand locations for the savvy bowhunter. Although this property is currently lacking in food for wildlife, the surrounding area is rich with agriculture and the new CRP contract is eligible for the establishment of food plots. The main vein of timber that runs north and south through the property creates an awesome travel corridor of cover for all wildlife. The game trails crisscross back and forth through the native grass hillsides and timbered draws. The rolling terrain and elevation of this farm provide an unobstructed 270-degree view from the cabin. And it’s one heck of a view! If you’ve been looking for a premium farm to call your own that provides endless recreation with the added benefit of guaranteed CRP income to offset your investment, this is definitely a farm you need to see in person. Showings are by appointment only. To schedule a private showing, call the listing agent.
- 38.57 acres of CRP CP-2 paying $182.00/acre or $7,020.00 annually
- Recently re-enrolled in a 10-year CRP contract that expires 9-30-2030
- Dense hardwood timber makes up the balance of the farm and offers great elevated tree stand locations throughout the multiple draws and ridge tops
- Due to the amount of heavy cover, native grasses and edge on this farm, it create the perfect habitat for an abundance of whitetail deer and wild turkeys
- Fingers of timber dissect the farm north and south providing great travel corridors for rutting bucks
- 1/2+/- acre pond is located in the center of the farm. This pond is deep enough to be stocked with fish to provide another aspect of recreation and enjoyment on the property
- A 200 square foot cabin is located on the top of ridge in the heart of the farm. The sunset views to the west would be absolutely spectacular
- The 1/2 log and cedar cabin has built in bunks, storage, loft, and a wood burning stove. It's the perfect size for a weekend get-a-way with the family or a place to get a meal and warm up after being on stand all day in November
- Cabin has exterior plugin for portable generator to run the electrical outlets and ceiling fan
- Located ¼ mile south of Hwy 44 on Juniper Avenue (Class B road) and less than 4 miles west of Guthrie Center. Only 56 miles from West Des Moines, 44 miles from Carroll, 92 miles from Council Bluffs and 72 miles from Ames, IA
- School System: ACGC (Adair-Casey-Guthrie Center)
- Located in Section 10 of Baker Township (10-79N-32W)
- Annual property taxes: $1,198.00
0 Juniper Ave, lot#WP001
Guthrie Center, Iowa 50115
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.