World-Class Hunting And Recreational Farm Near Lake Panorama
- Interactive Map
Whitetail Properties Real Estate is proud to offer this recreational mecca near Panora, IA. This property is located amongst a neighborhood of top-end deer managers. The quality of deer taken in the area is a testament to their management practices. The age structure of bucks on this farm is impressive with many bucks in the 5 to 7-year-old age class. The habitat varies on this farm from native grass CRP to hardwood timbered draws to creek bottoms and cedar thickets. It’s the ideal whitetail habitat. The farm has a newly constructed metal building with comfortable living quarters that include a full kitchen, ¾ bathroom, and living room/bedroom common area. It’s a great place to spend a quiet weekend with your family in the summer or would double as a great hunting camp in the fall. The views from the front porch are spectacular and highlight the diverse landscape that western Iowa is known for. This property is conveniently located just 3 miles from town. This small agricultural community has all the standard conveniences you would expect, with the additional infrastructure to support the popular Lake Panorama and it’s +1300 residents. The drive time from West Des Moines to the farm is under 50 minutes so it's easy to get a hunt in after work, or better yet, work remotely via the high-speed fiber internet services. To learn more about this amazing property or to schedule a private showing, call the Listing Agent and Land Specialist. Showings by appointment only.
- 57.1 +/- acres enrolled in CRP paying $12,435.00 annually
- CRP Details: 21.5 +/- acres paying $180/acre expires 9.30.2022. 1.1 +/- acres paying $258.72/acre expires 9.30.2026 and 34.5 +/- acres paying $240/acre expires on 9.30.2023. The mid-contract maintenance has been completed on all three contracts
- 23.4 +/- tillable acres currently in hay production that has generated an average of $800.00 of additional farm income. Some of these acres could be converted to grain production (soybeans & corn) to slightly increase farm income, but more importantly, provide more food for the wildlife on the property
- Total 2021 Farm Income: $13,235.00. Average weighted CSR2 of 58 on all CRP and hay production acres (AgriData, Inc. 2021)
- 96.5 +/- acres of pure whitetail habitat consisting of hardwood timber, draws, cedar thickets, native grass transitional cover, rough topography, creek bottoms, and food plots. This farm has it all
- 54’ x 36’ metal building was built in 2007. The 36’ x 36’ fully finished shop is insulated, steel lined, has a drain in the floor and has in-floor radiant heat. This is the perfect shop to work on equipment or store your boat, UTV, tractor or any other equipment to help maintain the farm
- The living quarters are 648 sq ft. (18’ x 36’) and feature a full kitchen, full bathroom and a common area that doubles as a living room and bedroom. This space is heated (radiant in floor) and air conditioned (wall unit) for year-round use in comfort. High-speed fiber optic internet services where recently installed so you’ll never have to miss a work Zoom call or your favorite tv show while you’re spending time at the farm
- Xenia Rural Water – No well
- Super clean ½ acre farm pond with dock, solar powered aerator, rock riprap and stocked with large-mouth bass, sunfish, and catfish
- There are two established annual food plots (1.58 & .58 acres) with elevated Shadow Hunter blinds. These food plots could be expanded, or additional food plots could be added to the farm
- The current owner and surrounding landowners have managed the whitetails for top-end trophy potential. Many +170” bucks have taken within a ½ mile radius of this farm
- Farm is located 3 miles from Panora which has multiple restaurants, a grocery store, lumber yard, large Casey’s gas station, and more. Lake Panorama is just north of town and is home to Lake Panorama National, an 18-hole semi-private championship golf course and conference center
- The farm is located about 45 miles west of West Des Moines and roughly 110 miles east of Omaha, NE
- School district: Panorama schools
- Annual property taxes: $3,566.00 (2020)
- Located in Section 12 of Valley Township (12-79N-31W)
2999 223rd Ln, Lot#WP001
Guthrie Center, Iowa 50115
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.