Recreational Property With Custom Home, Building, And Equipment
- Interactive Map
This is one of the most beautiful properties I’ve ever been on and it comes “turn-key” with a custom 3 bedroom fully furnished home, swimming pool, hot tub, workshop, blinds, tree stands, John Deere tractors, Polaris Rangers, and all of the other equipment on the property. There are approximately 69 tillable acres on the property that are either being farmed or planted as food plots. These fields wind back through hundreds of acres of timber and provide some incredible food plot locations. Tree stands and tower blinds are strategically located throughout the property. The timber and terrain on this farm are gorgeous and very rare for SE Iowa.
The 1,700 square foot custom home was built in 2013 and will be left fully furnished for the new owner (taxidermy not included). The home has 3 bedrooms and a huge 5 car garage that will fit several vehicles and equipment. A swimming pool and hot tub are the icing on the cake and truly make this a property that the entire family can enjoy.
In addition to whitetail hunting, the property offers world-class turkey hunting and also has some pheasants and quail. 3 different ponds and multiple creeks provide water sources for all types of wildlife and fishing opportunities. There is a nice trail around the inside of the entire perimeter fence. This trail is great for 4-wheeler riding, hiking, accessing stands, and checking the fence. The farm also has an incredible internal trail network.
This property is currently classified as a hunting preserve and has a high fence around it. This gives the new owner the unique opportunity to own an Iowa hunting property but not have to go through the lottery system to get drawn for a tag. Call for details on what the hunting preserve status means for the new owner. The genetics on this property look incredible. The owner found in the neighborhood of 100 shed antlers this year and I was very impressed by the tine length and number of tines. It definitely appears to have better than average genetics. Call Rich with questions or schedule a showing of this amazing piece of southeast Iowa land!
- Located about 5 minutes south of New London Iowa and approximately 1 hour south of Iowa City
- Custom 3-bedroom, 3 bath home with a huge 3+ car garage, hot tub, and swimming pool! The home furnishing will stay
- Property is currently a classified as a “hunting preserve” which offers the opportunity to hunt the property without obtaining DNR deer tags. There is a high fence surrounding the property so it’s much easier to manage the deer herd and let your bucks grow to maturity. Call Rich to discuss the implications of this property being a hunting preserve
- There are approximately 15 acres of the property on the east side that are outside the fence and fall under normal Iowa game regulations
- Approximately 69 acres of beautiful flat tillable fields wind way back into the timber. Average CSR2 for these fields is 59.5
- There are 3 ponds on the property. 2 are stocked and one is approximately 1 acre and is a very nice pond
- Beautiful terrain with countless high ridges and several creek bottoms
- An extensive trail system provides access to the entire perimeter fence and internally to all parts of the property
- All of the equipment used to maintain the farm and plant the fields and food plots will stay. This includes 2 John Deere tractor, garden tractor, 2 Polaris Rangers, 10 1,500 lb feeders, 10 750 lb feeders, a grain storage bin, 26 stands, 10 blinds, and 6 shooting houses
- There is a barn on the west side of the property as well as a grain storage bin that can be used to store deer feed if desired. There is also a cart that is used on conjunction with this bin to carry feed to different parts of the property
- Annual taxes are approximately $8,812/year, currently but the timber is now entered into the forest reserve program so the taxes should drop significantly
2965 Penn Ave, Lot#WP001
New London, Iowa 52645
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.