Heavily Timbered Property In Central Kansas
Situated in the middle of big deer country this farm offers some of the thickest timber and creek bottom available in Central Kansas. Beautiful Lyon Creek runs through the center of this tract from North to South providing running water year round for the wildlife and also a plentiful fish population if you're wanting to wet a line. A hidden Fifteen-acre crop field sits within the timber acting as an enormous food plot for the whitetail enthusiast. The mature timber along the hidden field provides several different setups for ideal tree stand and blind locations. Ample amounts of waterfowl use the Lyon Creek throughout the Fall and Winter months with decent amounts of upland birds offered as well. The Herington City Lakes sit roughly one mile South of this property providing public fishing and hunting. The neighboring property to the south of this tract is also available for purchase to add additional acreage. Call the listing agents today to set up a private viewing of this property before it sells!!
- Situated 3 miles west of Herington, 33 miles South of Junction City, and 85 miles North of Wichita
- 53 acres of this tract are tillable providing a nice return on the property and also lots of groceries for the deer herd
- Beautiful Lyon Creek runs right through the center of the property making it a whitetail and turkey haven. The timber within the creek bed is very dense and almost overwhelming in places.
- Fifteen acre hidden crop field offers an almost turn-key set up for a November whitetail hunt or a springtime gobbler hunt
- Lyon Creek offers great waterfowl hunting and also summertime fishing
- Sanded Road frontage on the west boundary of the property offers access at all times of the year no matter what the weather scenario
- Two city lakes are just a hop, skip and jump away to the south offering outdoor activities for the family
- Mineral rights will pass to buyer
Sage Road, Lot #WP001
Herington, Kansas 67449