Lyon Creek Hunting Property In KS
PRICE REDUCED! Location is everything when searching for the perfect recreational property and this one is definitely in the right spot! Situated on Lyon Creek, only one mile south of Herington Lake, this property has dynamic diversity for the avid outdoorsman and is in one of the best areas you could ever ask for! This area is a magnet for whitetail deer, turkey, upland game, and waterfowl! Lyon Creek winds through the center of this 215-acre property for over 1 mile creating excellent wildlife habitat and productive crop fields along its way. Water is plentiful in Lyon Creek providing a terrific water source for the local whitetail deer herd, as well as a great spot to wet a line snagging catfish in the summertime! The 101 acres of tillable land is typically planted to corn or beans, less the approximately 10-acre field on the North end which is planted to alfalfa. Rain Road on the East side of the property provides great access. Everything West of the creek is well-hidden from the roads and it is obvious the deer feel comfortable in these areas as the deer sign is plentiful. CRP filter strips have been planted the length of the creek on both sides to provide additional cover for the wildlife, as well as an additional income source from the land. Treestand setups are in place and one can only imagine the whitetail action that can be seen in the crop fields on a chilly Fall day! The fenced native grassland on the West side of the property features scattered tree cover as well as two beautiful ponds offering waterfowl and fishing opportunities. This farm has it all and will undoubtedly bring much enjoyment to its new owner! Contact the listing agents today to set up a private viewing of this incredible property!
- Located 5 miles SW of Herington, KS and only 1 mile South of Lake Herington on Rain Road.
- Lyon Creek winds through the center of the property for over 1 mile creating excellent deer and turkey hunting habitat along its way
- Two ponds on the property provide additional water sources for the wildlife
- Several great locations for archery deer setups. Multiple locations overlooking the creek bottom provide great vantage points for firearm deer season as well
- 101.46 acres of total cropland. Majority of acres were in soybeans in 2019
- 10 acres of alfalfa on the North end of the property
- Good variety of crops on the land (soybeans, corn, alfalfa) provide excellent food sources for the deer throughout all seasons of the as well as a reliable income source.
- 78+ acres of fenced native grass on the West side of property where the two ponds are located. Excellent grass for quail, and additional bedding for deer. These acres are behind a locked gate.
- 7.54 acres of tall CRP strips planted along the length of the creek provide good bedding cover and $673 of additional income, annually. CRP is enrolled thru 2032
- Waterfowl frequent the ponds on the property
- Excellent location – within a mile of Lake Herington!
- Herington Lake & Reservoir offer RV campsites and fishing opportunities for white and largemouth bass, walleye, catfish and crappie. Herington Reservoir offers excellent hunting – migratory waterfowl only.
- Nearby Herington, KS is convenient for dining, fuel, retail, and groceries.
Rain Road & 200 Ave. Lot #WP001
Ramona, Kansas 67475
Estimate Your Monthly Payments
Powered by a premium lender.
Powered by a premium lender.